Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zak Jones potential future leader for the Swans

Senior Player

Zak Jones potential future leader for the Swans

I am not sure why but Fox Sports and SBS have been running the story of his resigning with the Swans today. I thought this had been confirmed in May?
    Whatever the case you have to love his attitude in this interview.
    Youth must lead Swans' flag push: Jones - AFL.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    I am not sure why but Fox Sports and SBS have been running the story of his resigning with the Swans today. I thought this had been confirmed in May?
    Whatever the case you have to love his attitude in this interview.
    Youth must lead Swans' flag push: Jones - AFL.com.au
    I know I love pumping up Gerard Gealy's tyres but Zak Jones and Tom Mitchell were two players he identified as needing breakthrough years if the Swans were to have a shot at the flag

We have a few little challenges this year but overall our list is in good shape

Senior Player
    And now this why has this all of a sudden become newsworthy ?
    No Cookies | Fox Sports News, Live Sport, Sports | Fox Sports

He gave the weekly player press conference this week, hence the renewed interest/quotations (I often wonder how they decide which player gives these). Was actually pretty candid compared with the more media polished players. The video's on the Swans website.

I like it when players come out and talk the team and themselves up and place expectations on their performances.
    He's giving himself a role to play and that comes with certain expectations.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Only early days with Zak but certainly some glimpses of what is to come. He was solid if not spectacular last week, but that one piece of play where he charged out of the backline and got us out of a tricky spot, I think in the last quarter, that was encouraging. This guy is going to be a good player, and he has some mongrel in him. We need that in this side.

Goes up to 11
    I think we are seeing the process of the baton being handed from Rhyce to Zak...

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I was really impressed with Jones' first few steps once gathering the footy...didnt't realise he could be so explosive off the mark.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Jones Primarily tagged against port and wasn't the attacking hbf that Rhys plays a lot of

Shaw played more a run with role in the midfield hbf rotation

Considering how well port played I would give jones a 5.5 out of 10

Not sure what game you were watching but Shaw never played in the midfield. He played back and then was moved forward in the last quarter, probably to stop him giving away pointless and costly goals with his abysmal decision making.

People are right to highlight Jones' game saving 2 on 1 effort at half back in Q4. If he'd been beaten there I think Port would have definitely scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Jones Primarily tagged against port and wasn't the attacking hbf that Rhys plays a lot of

Shaw played more a run with role in the midfield hbf rotation

Considering how well port played I would give jones a 5.5 out of 10
    Just happy he is getting a good run in the team now, hopefully he will be in the side for the rest of the year.

Would really really like Hewet to get a run this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Only early days with Zak but certainly some glimpses of what is to come. He was solid if not spectacular last week, but that one piece of play where he charged out of the backline and got us out of a tricky spot, I think in the last quarter, that was encouraging. This guy is going to be a good player, and he has some mongrel in him. We need that in this side.
    He needs time to fit into the team, but I have little doubt he will quickly solidify a place in the top 22. He is going to be a very decent player indeed I feel in time.

I really like that he has a bit of mongrel - as we've seen, in particular in the Tigers game, it needs to be controlled - but we need some more hard nuts in the team that won't take no crap from anyone.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast