Thread: Injuries

Injuries

No doubt our injuries caught up with us on the weekend, well that and structures.
    It sounds surprising but we missed Everitt, he's been good at half back/ wing.
    Shaw to return soon?
    LRT to return soon?
    Reid and Jetts return soon?
    Gary Rohan could be a great return just before finals, I've got my hopes up high for him, I think he'll add some damaging pace and teams won't know who to stop, Rohan or Jett's!
    Mumford another couple of weeks!
    And Goodes hopefully just the one week! Although I think it may be longer.

We choked in the structures last week, we went in too tall and that showed, the only tall that was playing good in the wet - Adam Goodes - got subbed off which I don't think was the plan.
    We didn't trust our defenders and flooded back, which isn't bad but once we got the ball, we kicked it straight to them and it came back. I was hoping with White and Tippet atleast one of them with a small forward or two would stay in the forward line so we had options, unfortunately this didn't happen. We went in too tall and didn't have enough speed, we missed Jetta heaps, even Brandon Jack would've been good for the speed.

Morton doesn't look like he'll keep his spot.
    After last week, sadly neither will White - even though it was wet and didn't favor talls.
    Bring in Membrey for Morton - I noticed he was an emergency which usually leads to a game soon.
    When Reid returns he'll take White's spot and Tippet will play second ruck until Mumford is back, which will help Tippet with match fitness.

On the Rookie List
    Everitt has come pretty good lately - like he has a role now.

Morton is a gun, leave him in.

I wouldn't be surprised if LRT and Shaw were out for the season. I have no inside information, but obviously there are serious issues there and it's a long way back.

I get the strange feeling that Rohan would be more likely to return before LRT and Shaw.

If we got Reid, Jetta, Everitt and Goodes back, we won't be losing games from that point.

On the veteran's list
    News today

Shaw now running and listed as 2 weeks.
    Jetta back probably a week
    Reid ditto
    Mummy joining in training next week with no contact then assessed for the next week
    Goodes no new damage just sore. Settle down and in for Melb.
    No mention LRT or Rohan
    Everitt to play
    Bob Skilton battling age. Indefinite.

- - - Updated - - -

News today

Reid ditto
    Mummy joining in training next week with no contact then assessed for the next week
    No mention LRT or Rohan
    Everitt to play
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Barry Round, can't pass the skin fold and can't sing the club song in tune!!

On the Rookie List
    Hall is out with knuckle soreness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post

Morton is a gun, leave him in.
    Um, no offence, but I think you're still holding on to the memory of the Grand Final (which was great)
    But he has kicked 5.5 or something for the season, struggles most of the game, might pop up for a goal or two.. MIGHT.
    Don't rate him on a set shot, don't rate him on a running shot, the only thing he can do sadly is snap it.

My problem is, yes he can kick a couple of goals, at most, yes he can lay a couple of tackles or apply pressure but I think there is so much more we need in the forward line.
    Mcglyn for example, can kick more goals, can lay more tackles, can pinch hit in the midfield and he is a better kick.

I just don't think we should persist with players that are limited in options when we could be putting experience into younger kids with more versitile skill sets.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by jetts32 View Post
    Um, no offence, but I think you're still holding on to the memory of the Grand Final (which was great)
    But he has kicked 5.5 or something for the season, struggles most of the game, might pop up for a goal or two.. MIGHT.
    Don't rate him on a set shot, don't rate him on a running shot, the only thing he can do sadly is snap it.

My problem is, yes he can kick a couple of goals, at most, yes he can lay a couple of tackles or apply pressure but I think there is so much more we need in the forward line.
    Mcglyn for example, can kick more goals, can lay more tackles, can pinch hit in the midfield and he is a better kick.

I just don't think we should persist with players that are limited in options when we could be putting experience into younger kids with more versitile skill sets.
    He's a strong mature body, an x-factor and experienced under presssure. I'd rather run him into form with the new forward set up for September than continue blooding more players than we need to for a quarter and dropping them. There needs to be a balance of these two activities.

yeah, i heard some rookie listed bloke called lockett or something might be back in a week or two

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post

Morton is a gun, leave him in..
    I'm with you on both counts.

Everitt has finally found a role which suits him.

Morton plays too far forward to have had an influence on the weekend, but he's been very dangerous applying first pressure in defence and keeping defenders in two minds in attack. His constant pressure and lurking around the goals is opening up opportunities for McG and friends by sucking in defenders and keeping them in two minds.

Quote Originally Posted by jetts32 View Post
    No doubt our injuries caught up with us on the weekend, well that and structures.
    It sounds surprising but we missed Everitt, he's been good at half back/ wing.
    Shaw to return soon?
    LRT to return soon?
    Reid and Jetts return soon?
    Gary Rohan could be a great return just before finals, I've got my hopes up high for him, I think he'll add some damaging pace and teams won't know who to stop, Rohan or Jett's!
    Mumford another couple of weeks!
    And Goodes hopefully just the one week! Although I think it may be longer.

We choked in the structures last week, we went in too tall and that showed, the only tall that was playing good in the wet - Adam Goodes - got subbed off which I don't think was the plan.
    We didn't trust our defenders and flooded back, which isn't bad but once we got the ball, we kicked it straight to them and it came back. I was hoping with White and Tippet atleast one of them with a small forward or two would stay in the forward line so we had options, unfortunately this didn't happen. We went in too tall and didn't have enough speed, we missed Jetta heaps, even Brandon Jack would've been good for the speed.

Morton doesn't look like he'll keep his spot.
    After last week, sadly neither will White - even though it was wet and didn't favor talls.
    Bring in Membrey for Morton - I noticed he was an emergency which usually leads to a game soon.
    When Reid returns he'll take White's spot and Tippet will play second ruck until Mumford is back, which will help Tippet with match fitness.
    Morton tried his butt off last week and the delivery was so bad he and the other forwards looked bad. They beat us at our own game forcing us to flood and then firing back in when we bombed out. We haven't doe that in a long time and I put the blame firmly on the coaching staff who have of course blamed the players. certainly some players were less than helpful but it was the structures that killed us on the weekend and the coaching staff changing things because of Kurt coming in. Leave a winning formula alone.

In saying that some of our players did not handle the wet conditions very well at all. Bird, Tony A, Mal (had plenty did not trust his leg so just bombed), Parker (first half especially fumbled everything), Hannas (didn't look like getting near it). Don't blame any of the forwards or rucks blame the structure and ball players who just didn't handle the conditions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    News today

Reid ditto
    No mention LRT or Rohan
    Everitt to play
    Bob Skilton battling age. Indefinite.

- - - Updated - - -

News today

Reid ditto
    No mention LRT or Rohan
    Everitt to play
    Rohan is 2-3 weeks away from a start in the Twos according to the Injury Report:

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/football/injury-list

Rohan is 2-3 weeks away from a start in the Twos according to the Injury Report:

Injury List - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au[/QUOTE]

yeah, not expecting rohan to return to the seniors this year unless things get much much worse

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Drop Morton? You're dreamin'
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)