Page 86 of 198 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,032 of 2366

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If we trade Melican, then Gould will clearly be next in line. He's getting onto the emergencies every week now, so he knows we want him. We should offer him a very good contract for someone who has never played and AFL game and commit to playing him next year. It's a risk work taking. He is contracted, so it's not that easy for him to move if we make everything right for him to stay.

If it doesn't work, and he's dead set to move on, then I think we should go for Logue. He hasn't lived up to a pick #8, but he's coming along now and can play both ends of the ground. If our KPD stocks are depleted, he would be worth a late 1st rounder to us. At least we know he can play.

1. Pretty sure Gould is on a one year deal this year and out of contract.

2. I think West Coast are in the box seat to get Logue if he leaves Freo. Logue is a WA boy and West Coast can make the cap space to fit him in (in a way that Freo can't) and can just walk him to the pre-season draft if Freo don't cooperate at the trade table.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    I would be happy to lose Cunningham.

He is 29 in December, can't break into the team, and is being keep around for depth.

The Swans always seem keep aging players a year or two past their prime, forcing younger players to go elsewhere.

We have a lot of good youngsters, if we get an injury, we can blood them then.

This is a certain cache associated with Swans players.

So many of our fringe players go to other clubs and totally star, think Hewett and Dawson.

We can and must ask a high price from other clubs, not what we think they are worth.
    doof-doof

Warming the Bench
    Whatever we do this trade and draft period i hope we don't pick an international player and waste 3 years when we could pick someone that can already play the game

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    Whatever we do this trade and draft period i hope we don't pick an international player and waste 3 years when we could pick someone that can already play the game
    Tadgh Kennelly was fantastic for us. Pike helped us win a Premiership.

Category B rookies (if that is what they are still called) don't cost much in terms of opportunity cost for us. Sure BOC is unlikely to make it, but the same for 'ready made' players we have taken from the National and Rookie drafts. COR has shown glimpses of being able to make it, with injury being a factor.

I think Mason Cox has been a success too, in that he has done much better than other forward-rucks taken after late in the second round (you wouldn't use such an early pick on a prospect from another sport).

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    I would be happy to lose Cunningham.

He is 29 in December, can't break into the team, and is being keep around for depth.

The Swans always seem keep aging players a year or two past their prime, forcing younger players to go elsewhere.

We have a lot of good youngsters, if we get an injury, we can blood them then.

This is a certain cache associated with Swans players.

So many of our fringe players go to other clubs and totally star, think Hewett and Dawson.

We can and must ask a high price from other clubs, not what we think they are worth.
    What about Sam Reid? 99% of people would have said he was depth at best this year and he’s going ok …

Or Robbie Fox, 29, barely got a contract this year also in career best form.

We are going to get very little for Cunningham if we trade him.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    What about Sam Reid? 99% of people would have said he was depth at best this year and he’s going ok …

Some would trade half the list if given the keys

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Some would trade half the list if given the keys
    It's about footy, mate.
    Not your perception of other posters' inadequacies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

Perfect cases in point +1

- - - Updated - - -

Are you in jest or slightly overreacting

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    Perfect cases in point +1

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry markwebbos that was meant for the royboy comment

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    It's about footy, mate.
    Not your perception of other posters' inadequacies.

- - - Updated - - -
    He's pretty right though.....

Lloyd has put of contract talks until end of season
    https://sen.lu/3cbOP6p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarkson signs on at North
    Then this media speculation re Lloyd
    Clarko in the past has said publicly how much he rates Lloyd
    North are in gigantic need of a player like Lloyd..........we will be hard pressed to match
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Lloyd is exactly the type North under Clarko would target . He needs some experience to go with the youth they have . He has that aura about him so he will be looking to sign some experience he knows he can trust . Especially early on . Anyone half decent who is out of contracted North will target with Clarko the selling point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk