Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Thread: 1st QF Swans v Giants

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Mad Dog Johnson.
    Please send this photo to Johnsons mum.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    It's obviously extremely frustrating, but with Joey in particular I can actually understand how the umpires may have missed the initial impact/high contact. I would have liked to have heard some discussion on whether they view the tackle on Kurt as a free or not, if they believe it was a dangerous tackle then I think it's a poor miss from the umpires.
    I did send in a tweet to Whistleblowers asking for a discussion on why there wasn't a free for Mumford tackle but as we saw it didn't get considered. They discussed one that was given some weeks ago - and agreed it was a correct decision - and it was a much milder tackle than Mumford's with the player who was put down bouncing straight up to take the free kick.

Bizarrely, the Match Review Panel statement claims that at no stage did Tippett's head hit the ground. Honestly, how stupid do they think people are? And what do they think caused the semi-consciousness? Sudden loss of altitude? A strong gust of wind? Low blood sugar? They also insinuate that it was okay, because Tippo's jaw was already broken.

Match Review Panel full statement: finals week one - AFL.com.au

Kurt Tippett left hurting after Mumford tackle - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Bizarrely, the Match Review Panel statement claims that at no stage did Tippett's head hit the ground. Honestly, how stupid do they think people are? And what do they think caused the semi-consciousness? Sudden loss of altitude? A strong gust of wind? Low blood sugar? They also insinuate that it was okay, because Tippo's jaw was already broken.

Yep BUT remember a lot of AFL fans are, as the late great Gene Wilder put it:

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I did send in a tweet to Whistleblowers asking for a discussion on why there wasn't a free for Mumford tackle but as we saw it didn't get considered. They discussed one that was given some weeks ago - and agreed it was a correct decision - and it was a much milder tackle than Mumford's with the player who was put down bouncing straight up to take the free kick.
    I can understand an umpire missing contact that is a bit abnormal, which I think was the case with Joey, and I wouldn't want them calling a whistle based on the result when they haven't seen the cause (if all officials could avoid doing that then our boy basketballers would have an Olympic medal!)- but I fail to see how 3 umpires can't see one really big guy sling another really big guy to the ground in a tackle, so I think that would have been an interesting one to understand if they viewed it as dangerous or not (because if it was dangerous then that's a pretty bad miss).
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries

his head does not hit the ground at any stage during the tackle.
    Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 5.39.39 pm.jpg
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Tippett must just be inspecting the ANZ surface to see why the players are slipping over!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Tippett must just be inspecting the ANZ surface to see why the players are slipping over!
    Worms: there's too many worms!

As the lone rational voice on here at the moment, i tipped this . Johnson 1, mummy 0.

Please, no more death threats annie. Its so unbecoming

Worms: there's too many worms!
    Yeah but they were all running around above the surface wearing orange!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    As the lone rational voice on here at the moment, i tipped this . Johnson 1, mummy 0.

Please, no more death threats annie. Its so unbecoming
    TBH Barry we all knew this would be the outcome, but hoped otherwise.

There was no way in hell that Dumbford would get suspended at all, Johson they can do without, but not Dumbford.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    We assumed that it must have been for a high fend off at the ground and I didn't twig it was because of incorrect disposal until seeing the clip on Whistleblowers.

Whilst we're on things I missed- can anyone fill me in on the 50m penalty against Wilson that resulted in a Papley goal? It looked like he was shoved in the chest by a Swan, shoved him back and then the whistle was blown straight away? Did the commentary mention anything beyond that?
    Haven't seen the replay and probably won't but from watching live at the ground I thought it was falling into his back after the mark was completed