Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Stevie J heading East?

Veterans List
    Happy for him to come to us as lo g as he doesn't teach our players how to butcher the footy in a PF.

Probably my least favourite player in the AFL so feeling conflicted and finding it strange being open minded about it but I'm sure he'll be a good recruit

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Stevens reporting Johnson to Sydney. Good coaching recruit. Excellent footy brain n will bring a bit of flair to the club. Will one day be in the running for a senior coaching position.
    Playfair suddenly departing the club, could that be to make way for a new coach coming in?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Playfair suddenly departing the club, could that be to make way for a new coach coming in?
    Yep

Senior Player
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Happy for him to come to us as lo g as he doesn't teach our players how to butcher the footy in a PF.
    That would involve us getting to a Prelim first, and our non Stevie J enhanced butchery of the ball in the Semi against Geelong being
    eradicated. @@@@, that was a bad game. I can't believe I wasted so much money going down to Melb for that debacle. I'll
    probably do it again someday. Such is (the football) life.
    Last edited by KTigers; 24th September 2017 at 04:15 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

That would involve us getting to a Prelim first, and our non Stevie J enhanced butchery of the ball in the Semi against Geelong being
    eradicated. @@@@, that was a bad game. I can't believe I wasted so much money going down to Melb for that debacle. I'll
    probably do it again someday. Such is (the football) life.
    He was very Harry Cunningham like.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Stevens reporting Johnson to Sydney. Good coaching recruit. Excellent footy brain n will bring a bit of flair to the club. Will one day be in the running for a senior coaching position.
    Great news. I might not have liked him as a player but I always admired his natural ability and more importantly his knowledge of the game. I wonder if he'll be the forward coach?

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Great news. I might not have liked him as a player but I always admired his natural ability and more importantly his knowledge of the game. I wonder if he'll be the forward coach?
    I haven't heard if he'll be forward coach but it would make sense to start there. I also wouldn't rule out becoming our neafl coach n Shaw moving on from that to a bigger role as I think Shaw has a lot to offer in regards to coaching.

Don't coaches normally start out in development

Nice touch by Harley
    Good recruit

Senior Player
    Gotta say, this left me smiling. AFL on Twitter: "And didn't the @sydneyswans love it 😬

🎥: Tom Papley… "

Seriously, though - I wonder what role Johnson has had in Papley's form this year. Suspect plenty.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Gotta say, this left me smiling. AFL on Twitter: "And didn't the @sydneyswans love it 😬

🎥: Tom Papley… "

Seriously, though - I wonder what role Johnson has had in Papley's form this year. Suspect plenty.
    Funny clip....they go off!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12