Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Best XX11 for 2012

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I want to fit a tender Lamb chop in there.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    I want to fit a tender Lamb chop in there.
    Then that chop had better get fit and play a few pre-season games!

Not playing two ruckmen means that you put a bigger workload on our second most valuable player and you lose clearance effectiveness whenever the stop gap ruck is competing against a genuine ruckman.

Time to bite the bullet and persist with Pyke who is one of the best hit out to advantage rucks and looks to be developing as a FF. We have to have an eye on September or why are we bothering so two genuine ruckmen has to be bedded down.

You reckon the best 22 isn't causing some problems with the selection panel?

Just wild about Harry
    [QUOTE=Auntie.Gerald;560479]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    If I had to pick the team for Round 1 it would be:

Interchange: Hannebery - Bird - Parker - Morton(Sub)
    Hmmm... I like the idea of Morton as a sub. He is not really a tackling player and loves getting in space. To have him fresh when the opposition is tired could be an interesting scenario.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Actually I like these teams, based on current availability (which on this occasion has eliminated the aspirational picks like Mitchell and Lamb) and recognises that the Walsh/White battle is best conducted in the 2's, which co-incidentally also gives us 2 ruckmen. Woohoo!

There are going to be a lot of players with senior experience having to work hard in the two's to reclaim places lost through injury (Spanky, Mal & LRT with his dodgy hammies, Armstrong) let alone those yet to debut. Depth is wonderfull and isn't preseason a wonderfully hope filled time of the year!
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Actually I like these teams, based on current availability (which on this occasion has eliminated the aspirational picks like Mitchell and Lamb) and recognises that the Walsh/White battle is best conducted in the 2's, which co-incidentally also gives us 2 ruckmen. Woohoo!

There are going to be a lot of players with senior experience having to work hard in the two's to reclaim places lost through injury (Spanky, Mal & LRT with his dodgy hammies, Armstrong) let alone those yet to debut. Depth is wonderfull and isn't preseason a wonderfully hope filled time of the year!
    Oh how true! I remember this time last year feeling so full of confidence for the season ahead,
    then a few weeks later that horrendous game against Melbourne brought me back to earth with a thud..........

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Oh how true! I remember this time last year feeling so full of confidence for the season ahead,
    then a few weeks later that horrendous game against Melbourne brought me back to earth with a thud..........
    Evil person......talk about burst the bubble.......mentioning that game is worth a two week ban....mods

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Evil person......talk about burst the bubble.......mentioning that game is worth a two week ban....mods
    Hahahaha, I'm so sorry to have brought that nightmare back up.
    Things will be different this year, we'll be leading the comp at the completion of round one this season!

Horse says the selectors are going to play a lot of experienced players against North. But if you look they are the experienced players that didn't get a run last week because of niggles. I believe they will give Tommy Walsh another hit out to give him a bit more game time seeing he didn't play in the Intra. Mitchell, Lamb, Brown and hopefully McNiel will get a run too. This would balance the list and give a few of the younger blokes a run as well. We should have used more players last weekend because of the heat.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Hahahaha, I'm so sorry to have brought that nightmare back up.
    Things will be different this year, we'll be leading the comp at the completion of round one this season!
    Talking of potential nightmares, imagine losing to GW$ in the first round? RWO would have a meltdown!!!
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Horse says the selectors are going to play a lot of experienced players against North. But if you look they are the experienced players that didn't get a run last week because of niggles. I believe they will give Tommy Walsh another hit out to give him a bit more game time seeing he didn't play in the Intra. Mitchell, Lamb, Brown and hopefully McNiel will get a run too. This would balance the list and give a few of the younger blokes a run as well. We should have used more players last weekend because of the heat.
    Isnt Mitchell injured or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Talking of potential nightmares, imagine losing to GW$ in the first round? RWO would have a meltdown!!!

Straight to the bathroom and wash your mouth out with soap young man !!

Yes i thought Mitchell had knee Tendonitis ?