Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 13 V Richmond

If they Hawthorn us but playing keepies off, lets see if Longmire goes to a plan B.

At least this is pre-game rather than hindsight, lets see if Longmire has it in him

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Out: zone defence
    In: man-on-man to prevent Richmond beating us AGAIN by slowing the game down and playing keepings-off.
    I will go so far as to say that if we do this I'll not go home hoarse.

Afterthought: and if you don't do this you can go home Horse.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Richmond don't play keepings off, they have the lowest uncontested possession tally in the league

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Richmond don't play keepings off, they have the lowest uncontested possession tally in the league
    recent history against swans at mcg suggests differently I think ! they have frustrated us to distraction and dragged us down to an unbearable level.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    recent history against swans at mcg suggests differently I think ! they have frustrated us to distraction and dragged us down to an unbearable level.
    They have drastically changed the way they play this year. Last year they tried to play controlled football but didn't possess the skills of, say, a Hawthorn to move the ball forward with any purpose. Thus they spent a lot of matches chipping the ball sideways and backwards to little effect. Their faster ball movement has paid dividends for them this year and it's hard to see them reverting back to a different style that hasn't consistently worked for them in the past. Hardwick will back his team to beat the Swans using the style of football that has got them to 4th on the table at the midpoint of the season.

I'd die if they beat us after the siren again.
    Don't really care who plays... so long as they turn up.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2...-no-guarantees

Hope Tippett gets a couple more weeks on the sidelines, kicks a couple of bags in the NEAFL and comes back in form. Not ready to come back yet

Luke McManus wrote a bonus preview of the match - Hot Topics: Taming the Tigers - sydneyswans.com.au - but it's unfortunate he doesn't write better.

The match up I'm most looking forward to is Naismith-Nankervis - should be a cracker with both having a lot to prove. Then again, both should be focused on the main game and playing their role not boosting their egos.

I think I would like to see Dawson or Rohan come in for a defender, most likely Marsh. I would possibly prefer to see Dawson chosen ahead of Rohan to reward his recent excellent form but, as usual, I will trust the match committee to make the right call. It's a crucial game and we need to select the team that gives us the most chance of winning.

I don't really want to see odds, but I'm curious who is favoured to win the match. The bookies are often the best judges.

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked: the Swans are favoured to beat the Tigers - but not heavily so.

Warming the Bench
    I really like Nankervis and hope he has a fantastic career. That being said I hope Naismith towels him up on Saturday

It would be nice if no coach in the competition had a remedy to man on man defence......but they do

The ability to switch between zoning off certain areas of the field and man on man is the art not just to shut down attack but also to reset and counter attack

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Luke McManus wrote a bonus preview of the match - Hot Topics: Taming the Tigers - sydneyswans.com.au - but it's unfortunate he doesn't write better.

The match up I'm most looking forward to is Naismith-Nankervis - should be a cracker with both having a lot to prove. Then again, both should be focused on the main game and playing their role not boosting their egos.

I think I would like to see Dawson or Rohan come in for a defender, most likely Marsh. I would possibly prefer to see Dawson chosen ahead of Rohan to reward his recent excellent form but, as usual, I will trust the match committee to make the right call. It's a crucial game and we need to select the team that gives us the most chance of winning.

I don't really want to see odds, but I'm curious who is favoured to win the match. The bookies are often the best judges.

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked: the Swans are favoured to beat the Tigers - but not heavily so.
    I find this incredible. The tigers are about 6 spots higher than us on the ladder, playing at home, and have a good record against us.
    How could we possibly be favoured ?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast