Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Brisbane v Sydney

Jetts is certainly playing much more physical this year in his tackling and defence all round but he had to lift in the last qtr again to get his stats a little more acceptable
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

It was an odd sort of game, but my biggest concern remains our very ordinary skills. We are simply not slick nor clean and its going to hurt us against the good teams. Play like we did last night and we will get beat comfortably by the dawks next week.

Regular in the Side
    Its a pity Pykie is injured on his early performance last night Bo would be lucky to get a game with our reserves. I suppose he has to continue now but please don't use LRT as the back up, be game and use Nanny as the second ruck or else the Hawks talls will kill us.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Jetts is certainly playing much more physical this year in his tackling and defence all round but he had to lift in the last qtr again to get his stats a little more acceptable
    Jetta is far from his best of 2012 at the moment. His disposals can be fantastic, but at the moment he is most definitely 50/50 when he uses the ball, but he is far from alone in that respect.

I forgot to mention in my previous post about lyold. He really is showing signs of belonging at this level - was very good last night.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Did Derrickx ruck the entire second half? I can't remember seeing anyone give him a rest.
    JPK did some rucking, believe it or not!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DK_ View Post
    Yea I saw that and he looked pretty good too but he his much too valuable to risk getting injured by rucking too much

I hadnt noticed JPK in the groin warmers until tonight

Has he been wearing them this season ?

If not in other games and only tonight, that is interesting that he is needing them and as reported in seasons gone past he suffers Osteitis Pubis and wasnt even training in the last half a dozen games of 2013.

It appears we have more then a few (8 or more) of our stars carrying early or pre season injuries

Macca
    Jack
    Kennedy?
    Goodes - did i see him walking very strangely at the end of the game - lurching to one side ?
    Reid
    Pyke - now hammy
    Tip
    Buddy

The good news last night is our better players are starting to warm into the season.

Lloyd is showing the sublime skills and decision making that the ressie watchers have enjoyed.

As long as we learn to how use the tall timber when they return we'll be in very good shape.

Only negative is our skill under pressure is no where near the level of the Hawks. If we improve that I'm confident we'll be there at the pointy end.

I guess with the month coming up we'll know exactly where we are.
    Competitive effort against the Hawks and wins against Essendon and the Cats are a must I think.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

On kicking skills. Could Jake be the player who brings balance to the force and improve our foot skills?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Commentators kept going about Kiz's "new forward role" being about breaking a tag but didn't touch on his ribs injury. Still could see padding on his right side last night and I wonder where he will play next week

it appears we are building a much nicer balance of inside outside players this season - Jake, BJ and Cunningham becoming part of the Snrs DNA bit by bit

These 3 certainly bring sharp kicking skills and then Laidler and Rampe at the back no doubt thru out the season and more confidence will become sharper with their forward entries....

I think that the lift in kicking skills and the increase in leading (fast break) style players puts us in good stead to be able to be flexible against well coached well skilled dominant teams like the Hawks, Geelong and Freeo

When ever I think of Geelong and the Hawks I immediately think of how strong they have been off the back lines with incredibly penetrating passing that leads to such direct fast goals when they need it most in tight contests.

I like that Rampe and Laidler are on the rise and of course we have Mal - these guys off the HBF do have penetrating kicks albeit Rampe and Laidler are not yet in the mould of a Josh Hunt or Brent Guerra but they are on the rise and who knows by season end where they could be at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Commentators kept going about Kiz's "new forward role" being about breaking a tag but didn't touch on his ribs injury. Still could see padding on his right side last night and I wonder where he will play next week
    I hope Clarkson is guessing too !

Quote Originally Posted by DK_ View Post
    And it works!

I've been arguing this for quite a while. Play 4 mids in the centre square and no ruckman. This strategy gives you the option of playing Tom Mitchell instead of Tom Derickx, for example. I think this produces an overall benefit, because you win a lot more of the ball over the course of the game.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast