Page 88 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,045 to 1,056 of 1108

Thread: Covid 19 and footy - season (suspended) now resumed

From video on Swans Instagram account, Kennedy and Buddy - and Naismith - have all gone with the players up to Qld for hub life. I didn’t spot Heeney but given Naismith has gone perhaps Isaac has as well.

Perhaps the long-term injured players have gone so they can keep receiving rehabilitation treatment and oversight from the medical staff in the hub?

I assume there is some concern they may not be home again for some weeks.

Naismith has a funny video on his Insta account of his packed bags for the trip with his (very) small dog packed in his bag. And Jesinta has packed story books in Buddy’s bags so he can still take part in their usual bedtime story-reading routine with their baby daughter by Facetime.

This is certainly a unique season!

More info here about which Swans players have/haven’t gone to Qld. (Heeney & Hewett haven’t gone.)

‘The Swans ......... have told players to plan to be away for eight weeks.’

‘The Swans are taking a smaller group to than other clubs with families and partners not accompanying players to Queensland.’

Franklin could be back for Sydney derby Champion spearhead Lance Franklin could return as early as August 13's Sydney derby,
    http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/s...5h2s.html?btis

Regular in the Side
    What I meant was playing regular games at Optus Stadium

- - - Updated - - -

I think I mucked up the post a little bit what I said was does anybody else think playing regular games at Perth Optus Stadium will benefit the Sydney players especially with that Stadium having the same dimensions as the MCG I think it'll be really good for them

I just completed the Swans member survey emailed out about membership options for 2021. I can understand the dilemma of what membership options should be offered given the ongoing Covid uncertainty.

My head was spinning by the end of the survey so I hope I was internally consistent in my responses. There wasn’t an opportunity to review answers at the end, after I understood more clearly the format & logic of what was being asked.

By the end though I knew exactly what I wanted: the same membership and reserved seat as I have purchased for over 10 years.

And for life to go back to the way it was pre-Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I just completed the Swans member survey emailed out about membership options for 2021. I can understand the dilemma of what membership options should be offered given the ongoing Covid uncertainty.

My head was spinning by the end of the survey so I hope I was internally consistent in my responses. There wasn’t an opportunity to review answers at the end, after I understood more clearly the format & logic of what was being asked.

By the end though I knew exactly what I wanted: the same membership and reserved seat as I have purchased for over 10 years.

And for life to go back to the way it was pre-Covid.
    I got that too. It was complete jiberish. But it did come from the AFL (via the swans). Each club has such varied membership structure, it didnt fit anyone.

Looked suspiciously like it was not generated by an experienced marketing and PR team, but more likely an ex-afl player/coach given a job by the old boys network.

I wonder how many aged ex-AFL footballers have been lost to Covid so far

Thought this thread is the most appropriate to post this story which caught my eye, regarding the Sydney Opera House Trust are now going to charge sporting clubs $50k which uses their logo, which includes us of course. This has caused cash grab outcry particularly during these difficult economic times. We've had the Opera House logo incorporated in our jumpers since 1987, so I'm guessing we be might the first to have done so. My guess is the club/AFL will pay the $50k fee when the push comes to shove, but as an old South supporter would love to see us returning wearing the big red V!

Sydney Opera House Trust under fire for logo licensing fee
    Last edited by KSAS; 12th August 2020 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Thought this thread is the most appropriate to post this story which caught my eye, regarding the Sydney Opera House Trust are now going to charge sporting clubs $50k which uses their logo, which includes us of course. This has caused cash grab outcry particularly during these difficult economic times. We've had the Opera House logo incorporated in our jumpers since 1987, so I'm guessing we be might the first to have done so. My guess is the club/AFL will pay the $50k fee when the push comes to shove, but as an old South supporter would love to see us returning wearing the big red V!

Sydney Opera House Trust under fire for logo licensing fee
    While reading what the opera house spokesperson has to say, suggests that the fee is neither new or $50,000, I wouldn't mind ditching our current jersey design. Every time that we play a heritage round, I prefer that game's jersey. Even the old red sash.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    This is the Opera House people trying to make up what our various governments aren't prepared to do - decent support for the arts.

And in the club's position I wouldn't pay a cent. Have a slightly bigger swan on the jumper in front of a Harbour Bridge!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I wouldn't mind ditching our current jersey design. Every time that we play a heritage round, I prefer that game's jersey. Even the old red sash.
    Why stop there?
    Maybe go the full deal, drop Albert Parks colours for the heritage round and play in the blue and white hoops of South Melbourne?

The Australian sports museum actually has an original South Melbourne playing cap in the blue and white in it's collection.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 12th August 2020 at 05:12 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    This is the Opera House people trying to make up what our various governments aren't prepared to do - decent support for the arts.

And in the club's position I wouldn't pay a cent. Have a slightly bigger swan on the jumper in front of a Harbour Bridge!
    The SOH receives $70M of government (read taxpayer) money every year and still manages to lose money. They've been charging others
    to use the logo for years.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    The SOH receives $70M of government (read taxpayer) money every year and still manages to lose money. They've been charging others
    to use the logo for years.
    I didn't realise they fetched that much. All the more reason for the club to go elsewhere.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)