Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finals Media (Swans articles)

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Another great article from Luke Ablett on the Guardian this morning - I hope they keep him on to write more often, he is a refreshing breath of fresh air.

What it's like to play in an AFL grand final: relief, guilt and joy | Luke Ablett | Sport | The Guardian
    Luke Ablett is on fire at the moment. This article was really insightful. Moreover, his previous article about finals football and the difference between great players and role players was also great. While most journo's are stuck on the buddy v hawks sideshow, Luke is writing unique and moving articles. Along with the piece about Lloyd's training pre-swans, these are the best ones I've read this year.

Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Senior Player
    Interview with AJ, lots of insight into his medical condition. Bit of a heart breaker this one.

Pain not just on the field on grand final day

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Interview with AJ, lots of insight into his medical condition. Bit of a heart breaker this one.

Pain not just on the field on grand final day

Just started an AJ thread with this one, definitely got me a little teary eyed
    I really hope everything works out for him
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jam View Post
    Luke Ablett is on fire at the moment. This article was really insightful. Moreover, his previous article about finals football and the difference between great players and role players was also great. While most journo's are stuck on the buddy v hawks sideshow, Luke is writing unique and moving articles. Along with the piece about Lloyd's training pre-swans, these are the best ones I've read this year.
    I love Luke Ablett's tweets. A considered and thoughtful gentleman.

Oh my, trust Emma Quale to get the story right. She always does.
    Heart goes out to AJ. Seriously not fair. You just wish you had a magic wand and make it all right.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    A couple of articles in The Hun (which I don't subscribe to - perhaps someone else can link if interested). Scott Gullan - even at this stage in the season - gives odds on the NSM going to Leroy Jetta. And another article about Harry refers to him at one point as Cunnington.

Aaaargh!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    A couple of articles in The Hun (which I don't subscribe to - perhaps someone else can link if interested). Scott Gullan - even at this stage in the season - gives odds on the NSM going to Leroy Jetta. And another article about Harry refers to him at one point as Cunnington.

Aaaargh!
    The media hacks will never ever learn!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

The Michael Voss article was really good. Thanks

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Number 43 View Post
    Ben McGlynn: No one deserves a premiership medal more than this glorious little nugget of stubble and fire.
    love it

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Number 43 View Post
    Great fun!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast