Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maybe play the Pies at the SCG...

Maybe play the Pies at the SCG...

If we have to play x games at Homebush, why does one of them have to be Collingwood. They play the ground better than us and so we lose our home ground advantage.
    Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton, Fremantle...play any of the others out there but playing the Pies there in a Home and Away game should stop.

Why not just learn to beat Collingwood anywhere.

Blaming ANZ is lame.

I love anz. Its easier to get to for most of the city than the scg is.

Senior Player
    The crowd was only 32k - 3/8s full , roughly like having only 18k at the SCG. I don't mind ANZ , but unless there are at least 50k , it lacks atmosphere.
    Would we have played better at the SCG ? Probably . Would we have won ? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Blaming ANZ is lame.

Agree that it's easier to get to but that is all that it has got going for it. The surface is crap. The field id too narrow. Once you get up to level 4 the players seem like ants you have to rely on the TV screens. The stands are terribly designed. Last night with 32K there was a lack of atmosphere. The players don't train there and I think they also don't like playing there. SCG is their home!!! The sooner they fulfill their contract obligations the better and play all their home games at the SCG.

Pushing for Selection
    When are this contract with ANZ over ??
    If the AFL have to use ANZ stadium - why doesn't the GWS also play a game or 2 there ??

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Blaming ANZ is lame.

You miss my point. What is the point of a home ground advantage if you give it away? When they play at Homebush, they clearly play the ground better than we do.

In the Davis Cup, when the home team picks the surface do they pick the one they are most comfortable on or the one their opponent is most comfortable on?
    In cricket, teams prepare a pitch that is least to the liking of their opponent.

So why would we continue to play an opponent on a ground they enjoy playing on?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfGang View Post
    If the AFL have to use ANZ stadium - why doesn't the GWS also play a game or 2 there ??
    Because the Giants won't be able to attract above 10k crowds except for a Swans game, and maybe a Collingwood game. It will be embarassing to have 8000 people at ANZ.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfGang View Post
    It's until the end of 2016. Given the amount of money the AFL put into the cost of the stadium, it's highly unlikely the AFL will stop scheduling games there.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    It's until the end of 2016. Given the amount of money the AFL put into the cost of the stadium, it's highly unlikely the AFL will stop scheduling games there.
    So if we play there, surely we can choose who we play and Collingwood shouldn't be one of the teams

Don't we have an agreement to play Collingwood there or something?

It seems like a cop-out to me. Although at this point I must agree it's to their advantage playing there. It would also make a better atmosphere playing at our home ground the SCG.

There are tenders currently being discussed for an upgrade of ANZ to include a roof. It is my understanding is that if that happens the ground will be reconfigured to a permanent rectangle to play the rugby codes and soccer. ANZ haters should be hoping that gets the go ahead.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

cant happen soon enough

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast