Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Offical Swans cant play in the Rain]

[Offical Swans cant play in the Rain]

Well cut the legs from under neath me people but ifs its not perfect conditions , they cant win! Watching them is so painful ,its hurts , cant they find a ground close by flood it a practice ? 3 OR 4 play wet weather footy , watched jetta /towers there disgraceful . wont run tackle ! I was thinking maybe this year, but the Dogs tried harder ,did everything better for longer !

]

Quote Originally Posted by tasmania60 View Post
    Well cut the legs from underneath me people, but if it's not perfect conditions, they can't win! Watching them is so painful, it hurts. Can't they find a ground close by and flood it at practice? 3 OR 4 play wet weather footy, watched Jetta/Towers they'redisgraceful. Won't run or tackle! I was thinking maybe this year, but the Dogs tried harder, did everything better for longer!
    Tas, you butchered the punctuation and spelling in your post worse than they butchered many of the disposals last night

Regular in the Side
    Try telling the "so called" experts that. They all insist the Swans are winners in the wet, its suits them. How do I get a job like that not knowing about a teams performance in the wet.

There should be a moratorium on trying to find a target inside the back 50 from a kick out in the wet. Like there should be a legit one week ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    There should be a moratorium on trying to find a target inside the back 50 from a kick out in the wet. Like there should be a legit one week ban.
    That was so infuriating yesterday. Wet weather footy is about playing the percentages, which often means going long down the line and forcing the ball forward. So many of their goals came after such low percentage plays from us that led to turnovers.

For all the wonderful footy we play at times, we still do such dumb elementary mistakes too often.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    That was so infuriating yesterday. Wet weather footy is about playing the percentages, which often means going long down the line and forcing the ball forward. So many of their goals came after such low percentage plays from us that led to turnovers...
    Nail->head.

They need practice kicking a wet ball in the rain to have an understanding of how far the ball will actually travel.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    Certainly the Dogs' overall disposal and decision making was superior in the wet, however it could be argued that this game was lost when the conditions were comparatively dry. The turnovers in the second half of the first quarter put them in a position where they needed to really fight for the rest of the game. They actually outscored the Dogs from the time the rain came until the end of the game, and it was pretty hard to get back from there in those kind of conditions.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

The couple of pieces of play that summed up the day late in the last. Ball deep in our forward line, 2 players slip over, dogs clear. Next foray fwd. we fumble stumble and can't get clean possession whilst Bob Murphy waltzes in grabs the ball cleanly, evades a few Swans, even has a bounce and delivers the ball deep into the Dogs fwd line.
    We are simply the worst wet weather team I have ever seen

It's wet today, so let's kick the ball towards the Bulldogs end .... Duh.. !

Note to coach - training all this week to be held on grounds where all sprinklers are going full tilt.

when Reis went out I was happy enough because I thught we were too tall for a wey game, but Tippo is kust about a liability in the wet, I'd rather see Reid pinch hit in th eruck and leave Tippo out when it;s wet. Also Jetta, without his acceleration to burn off players he's average, Towers had an awful game, and some of our blokes over estimate their skills
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    when Reis went out I was happy enough because I thught we were too tall for a wey game, but Tippo is kust about a liability in the wet, I'd rather see Reid pinch hit in th eruck and leave Tippo out when it;s wet. Also Jetta, without his acceleration to burn off players he's average, Towers had an awful game, and some of our blokes over estimate their skills
    Is tippo really such a liability in the wet. He was by far the cleanest of our talls yesterday, in particular with the two.snapped goals.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast