Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 9: Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves @ Newcastle

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    It's a damning indictment on our coaching staff that we have talia and Allir in the 2's, while our seniors are so rubbish.

Coaches SHOULD NOT have loyalty to older players. They should only be loyal to the club.
    Our senior team had won three in row!

It's a damning indictment on our coaching staff that we have talia and Allir in the 2's, while our seniors are so rubbish.

Coaches SHOULD NOT have loyalty to older players. They should only be loyal to the club.
    Leading into the game we'd won 3 on the trot so why would you drop any of the defence? Going forward I agree that it's time to test the waters especially with Talia. Like I said earlier more than likely Grundy will not be part of the next premiership tilt so they need to look at Talia, Maibaum etc with a view to developing a defensive structure going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Our senior team had won three in row!
    You need to pick your best team win lose or draw. Of those three wins, all were against sides outside the 8, so hardly time to set the team in stone.

You need to pick your best team win lose or draw. Of those three wins, all were against sides outside the 8, so hardly time to set the team in stone.
    So who should have been dropped for Aliir & Talia? as you have suggested.

Nice 3 goals from Sam Wicks. I think he might have been mistakenly overlooked for the under 18 allies team.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Barracuda what do you know about Sam barkley. I thought he played a very good game as a defender, hard at the contest and very neat disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    So who should have been dropped for Aliir & Talia? as you have suggested.
    There have been plenty of spots available. Why has McVeigh, Rohan auto selections when they offer so little.

Hopefully we see a more merit based selection process from now on.

There have been plenty of spots available. Why has McVeigh, Rohan auto selections when they offer so little.

Hopefully we see a more merit based selection process from now on.
    I'm asking about who should have been dropped for Aliir & Talia because you said they should have been in? McVeigh I agree on, sadly he's cooked but who instead of Rohan should play? because I don't see anyone that could play his role sitting in the reserves. He wasn't an automatic selection as he had to go back n play reserves to earn his spot back.

Take a look at West coast and Lewis jetta. Can u imagine Longmire sending jetta to the twos for extended periods?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm asking about who should have been dropped for Aliir & Talia because you said they should have been in? McVeigh I agree on, sadly he's cooked but who instead of Rohan should play? because I don't see anyone that could play his role sitting in the reserves. He wasn't an automatic selection as he had to go back n play reserves to earn his spot back.
    What is rohans role?. A couple of fancy sprints. Half a dozen possessions and then go missing.

Take a look at West coast and Lewis jetta. Can u imagine Longmire sending jetta to the twos for extended periods?

- - - Updated - - -

What is rohans role?. A couple of fancy sprints. Half a dozen possessions and then go missing.
    A lead up forward that produces good pressure in the forward line. With Jetta he was the only one on the list at the time that could play his role of outside link off half back. I believe if Mills was there in Jettas last year at the club he'd be dropped. Again who would you drop for Aliir & Talia?

A lead up forward that produces good pressure in the forward line. With Jetta he was the only one on the list at the time that could play his role of outside link off half back. I believe if Mills was there in Jettas last year at the club he'd be dropped. Again who would you drop for Aliir & Talia?
    You want more than Rohan and McVeigh. Just go through the list of underperformers.

Selection cost us a flag last year and it's the reason we are 3-7 now.

- - - Updated - - -

A lead up forward that produces good pressure in the forward line.
    You seem to be mistaking Rohan for someone else. Rohan doesn't even do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Barracuda what do you know about Sam barkley. I thought he played a very good game as a defender, hard at the contest and very neat disposal.
    Sam is from north shore and has been in the academy for a long time. He is one of the nds boys, but missed out on allies squad. As an aside his dad is the Barkley on the swans board.
    I see the allies squads lost to vic country but beat vic metro today. It looks like some of the swans guys did well.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast