Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the best place to watch Swans at SCG?

Where is the best place to watch Swans at SCG?

A group of 10 kiwis are coming over to watch an AFL game at the SCG. I have tried to look on Ticketek for the stadium seating plan but no luck. Where is the best place to sit (not too expensive mind) for the lads to have a good time? Also is it best to buy tickets on the day or does it have a chance of selling out. The game is against Richmond on April 10th.

Cheers Nick

"Best place" will vary based on who you ask.

I reckon the best spots to WATCH the game from are high on a wing - so the Brewongle or O'Reilly stands. They are rated platinum and therefore the most expensive The best atmosphere is arguably somewhere on the concourse at ground level. I would avoid sitting behind the goals as I don't rate the view from there. Perhaps the O'Reilly concourse, BRewongle concourse, Churchill concourse or Trumper concourse. They are all silver, which is $35 I think.

It won't be a sellout, but prepurchasing means you don't have to queue up on the day and can walk straight in.

SCG map here -> https://console.clubsonline.com.au/g...SCG_MASTER.jpg

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Captain Cook Hotel!

But seriously, you have to sit with the riff raff, those that yell at umpires, abuse poor disposals, general malarkey......so with me and the boys!

Beware of Bays 11, and especially Bays 310 and 311, in the Victor Trumper stand. Certain parts of Bay 310 have probably the worst restricted viewing areas you'll ever experience.

Also be aware of Bays 5 and 10 in the Brewongle Stand for the same reasons.

As it's a day game, you'll cop the sun in your face if you sit in the O'Reilly Stand, and large sections of the Victor Trumper Stand.

There's no chance the game will sell out, so if you're careful you should get some good seats.

Good luck with getting the tickets. Here's a map to help you.

http://cricket.com.au/site/_content/...159-source.pdf

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    As it's a day game, you'll cop the sun in your face if you sit in the O'Reilly Stand, and large sections of the Victor Trumper Stand.
    it's been shifted to a night game

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Captain Cook Hotel!

But seriously, you have to sit with the riff raff, those that yell at umpires, abuse poor disposals, general malarkey......so with me and the boys!
    Pekay, you need to spend more time in RWO Chat this season!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Overlooked by most because of its small size but the Lower Messenger Stand is the best place to sit (as far as I am concerned). Undercover, elevated flank viewing but still close to the ground, and it's own toilets and bar and food outlet which rarely has a queue. Can't go wrong!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Pekay, you need to spend more time in RWO Chat this season!
    It's gonna happen......otherwise I just sit around my desk watching aircraft land and take off....which isn't a bad thing.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Nothing a swannies cap and sunnies can't deal with.
    Nothing better than sitting in the afternoon sun, watching the footy with a few frothies.

Hang on, I thought the Richmond game got moved because of some horse thingy at Randwick??

Edit: Yeah, it is on at 7.10pm, so no worries about the sun.
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 9th March 2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: checked the fixture
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

From behind a beer!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay4man View Post
    Overlooked by most because of its small size but the Lower Messenger Stand is the best place to sit (as far as I am concerned). Undercover, elevated flank viewing but still close to the ground, and it's own toilets and bar and food outlet which rarely has a queue. Can't go wrong!!!
    I have to second that. We're about to go into our seventh year of sitting in the Lower Messenger. Great access to bar, food, toilets, exit to smoking area. There aren't many season ticket holders sitting there, which means it's a changing crowd; a mix of occasional supporters and opposition barrackers. The only drawback is that the stand doesn't have a back to it, so you can get the wind blowing through and you need to be prepared for the chill factor.
    Conrad

Came up for the Syd vs Bris game last year in round 22 to farewell Micky, Leo and Crouchy. We sat I think it was the 'Ladies pavillion', in the first row. Was pretty good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast