Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Match Day 2nd ELIMINATION FINAL Sydney v Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Don't forget that all AFL Grand Final tickets given to the players association - see below the new Collective Bargaining Agreement;
    Also why do players playing in a Grand Final need 8 tickets each???

36.2 Grand Final
    (a) AFL shall provide 1000 Grand Final tickets to AFLPA in each year for AFLPA to make
    such tickets available to AFL Players, AFLPA stakeholders including past Players,
    AFLPA Board and Committee members and staff.
    (b) AFLPA shall be responsible for:
    (i) Allocating Grand Final tickets to Players in such manner as it determines;
    (ii) Collecting payment for the Grand Final tickets from Players; and
    (iii) Making payment to AFL for the face value of the Grand Final tickets by 31
    October after the Grand Final provided that AFLPA shall not be required to
    pay AFL for any ticket which AFLPA returns to AFL prior to 15 September in
    the relevant year.
    (c) In addition to any ticket which a Player may be able to access in accordance with
    clause 36.2(a), each Club that competes in the Grand Final shall make not less than
    200 Grand Final tickets available to Players from that competing Club to Players
    selected to compete in the Grand Final (including emergencies), that being eight
    Grand Final tickets per Player
    . If any Player does not exhaust his allocation under this
    clause 36.2(c), those tickets shall be made available to other Players of the competing
    Club in a manner determined by the Club.
    A bit rich to begrudge the players having 8 tickets given all the other gravy trainers that would be there.

Wife, parents, in-laws and siblings could eat that up.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Did Brendon Goddard line Buddy up in that contest with a view to injure: did he have eyes on the ball or just on Buddy?
    I was sitting near the bench and lets just say that Buddy was not happy & from my lip reading skills he said something along the lines of expletive expletive got in to me straight away

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Wont happen - GWS will beat Richmond for an all Sydney GF. Then the umpires will have no chance of a Vic Bias.
    I wouldn't be so sure. I know that GWS have played well during most of the season, but I recon that Richmond could well pinch this one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Swans gave me a great memory with their performance in the second quarter. I'm more a general sports fan but this will stay with me forever. I have been to very few games Swans so good time to attend.

One particular goal was the highlight for me. At the centre bounce Naismith (?) got a clean ball to Hewett. Lloyd had run hard from defense on the bounce. Hewett hand balled to Lloyd who ran a short distance and kicked straight to Reid. As Reid went back to take kick Lloyd had continued to run and received Reids kick 40 metres out. He then kicks the goal. My thought afters it was probably the sort of thing that they would muck around with a training, not usually real as no opposite. Essendon had absolutely no involvement in the play!

This may have played a small part in our big win.

The boy whose commentary for his blind friend inspired his sporting heroes | Sport | The Guardian

The comments section with the article is worth having a look at. Plenty of people admitting that they had been explaining their reactions away, by claiming that they were cutting onions, or that they had something in their eye.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    This may have played a small part in our big win.

The boy whose commentary for his blind friend inspired his sporting heroes | Sport | The Guardian

The comments section with the article is worth having a look at. Plenty of people admitting that they had been explaining their reactions away, by claiming that they were cutting onions, or that they had something in their eye.
    This was my favourite comment: I didnea cry when me own father was hung for stealing a pig....but i'll cry now!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    This was my favourite comment: I didnea cry when me own father was hung for stealing a pig....but i'll cry now!
    Possibly from a very isolated part of rural Scotland?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Mine was "As a cats fan, I think these won't be the last tears I shed this week".

Great article and entertaining comments too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Mine was "As a cats fan, I think these won't be the last tears I shed this week".

Great article and entertaining comments too.
    Yes, I upvoted the Cats fan, just because I was feeling generous. And it was quite funny.

Just arrived back in Nairobi after 9 days on Safari with no internet. Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Just arrived back in Nairobi after 9 days on Safari with no internet. Did we win?
    Nah, lost by 65 points because that Longmire is a useless coach....

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    12 minutes into the first quarter, it was all over.
    At the end of the second we were asking them to blow the final hooter.
    There was really no use in kicking the dead dog.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.