Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Club Champion Dinner

pr. dim-melb; m not f

Club Champion Dinner

Seats for the dinner went on sale on Wednesday morning and according to a friend were all sold out by 9.02 a.m. He rang the club and was told there was a pre-sale on Monday for VIPs. The club is now keeping a waiting list in case any seats become available.

Did any RWOers get in on time?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Seats for the dinner went on sale on Wednesday morning and were all sold out by 9.10 a.m. The club is now keeping a waiting list in case any seats become available.

Did any RWOers get in on time?
    Rushed Behind, former RWOer will be there. Seems to get a ticket every year through his "connections"...

Not a very inclusive approach.

Veterans List
    Hopefully AnnieH got a ticket.

It does seem iffy that the tickets sold out in 2 minutes. Surely if there were a small number of tickets available they would pick a bigger venue. Where is it being held?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Pushing for Selection

Club Champion Dinner

From the club - With an increased purchase take up from our players and their families in celebration of the season, we have had to move to a waitlist for this event much sooner than expected.

We encourage all members to place their details on the waitlist for this event.

Should the waitlist open, members will be contacted on a first-in-best-dressed basis from 12pm, Monday, August 14, based on availability.

Wonder how many corporates are going? I know a lot of members did not receive the email advising that tickets were even going on sale. Not that is mattered in the end.

It is being held at The Star 6 October.
    Last edited by Mauzza; 14th July 2017 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Left a sentence out

Senior Player
    It's actually a great night, we last went in 2014 and for some reason got put on a table with the most important person
    in the room, Kenny. Well, certainly the most popular anyway judging by the number of people who came up to
    say hello to him. The last couple years it's sold out extremely quickly. In defence of the club, the room it's in is actually very
    large. I guess it's become a very popular event.

I FORGOT TO BOOK A TICKET ON MONDAY!!!!!!
    (Which is when the Redbacks were allowed to book.)

Just shoot me in the eye, now.
    FML.

(There are 1400 tickets sold for this event.)
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Went to Grand Final at Crown last year ...
    It was awesome ....
    imagine if we had won !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Went to Grand Final at Crown last year ...
    It was awesome ....
    imagine if we had won !!!
    Wasn't it just?
    Once everyone had shed a tear or two, and replaced the moisture lost with a bit of whine, the night went off.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Annie, it was sold out in advance of the 9am sale time. I was very keen to attend and rang the club to find out what the story was. Apparently the Redback Members got a pre-sale on the Monday and bought all the available tickets. So you need to fork out $1300 per year or whatever it is in membership in order to get to the dinner now it seems. I was very unhappy about it.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Annie, it was sold out in advance of the 9am sale time. I was very keen to attend and rang the club to find out what the story was. Apparently the Redback Members got a pre-sale on the Monday and bought all the available tickets. So you need to fork out $1300 per year or whatever it is in membership in order to get to the dinner now it seems. I was very unhappy about it.
    Ouch! No other tickets will be made available?

There are 1400 seats to the event.
    A LOT of these seats get given to the corporates/sponsors. There are tables and tables of them (as there should be... they keep us going).
    Seats are given to the families and WAGs of the players... it's their night.
    Staff are given seats to the event (although they don't sit on them for long).
    Past players are given seats... would you deny Paul Kelly, Bobby Skilton or Peter Bedford a seat?
    By the time the 150 redback members get a go, there aren't a lot of seats left.
    The guernsey presentation dinner is included in the redback membership, and the opportunity to buy a ticket to the B&F is also a benefit of the membership.
    Because I forgot all about it, I'm on the wait list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast