Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread. Swans v Hawthorn

Senior Player
    The commentary around Rowbottom is bizzare

I agree he’s a bit off pace this year compared to last year but he’s far from our biggest issue. IMO he’s being misused by Longmire as a tagger and is far better as a midfielder who can break away from the centre.

While we’re at it Blind Freddy can see that Hewitt is far superior in the midfield (as that tagger if required) than the backline

Horse needs to work that out

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    The commentary around Rowbottom is bizzare

I agree he’s a bit off pace this year compared to last year but he’s far from our biggest issue. IMO he’s being misused by Longmire as a tagger and is far better as a midfielder who can break away from the centre.

While we’re at it Blind Freddy can see that Hewitt is far superior in the midfield (as that tagger if required) than the backline

Horse needs to work that out
    No argument about Hewitt being superior in the middle and a lock down player.

However we need a replacement for Mills in the backline.. with experience. Not sure Campbell is the best option at the moment.. O'Riordan has been under what I had hoped for this year... therefore Olli Florent has been used also ..

We need a genuine HBF to marshal the troops.

It has been proven that teams cannot attack all the time for extended periods.

Therefore trying to improve RB defensive side can be good long term..

Rod_

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post

However we need a replacement for Mills in the backline.. with experience. Not sure Campbell is the best option at the moment.. O'Riordan has been under what I had hoped for this year... therefore Olli Florent has been used also ..

Rod_
    +1 this is all about development for RB

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post

Rod_
    Brand in
    Fox HBF
    Hewett Midfield/tagger
    Rowbottom Midfield/forward

Much better set up than the existing

Brand in
    Fox HBF
    Hewett Midfield/tagger
    Rowbottom Midfield/forward

Much better set up than the existing
    With Brand in, maybe we can move Ramps to HBF. Otherwise wait for Blakey to be tried there after regaining form in the ressies. In any case, I don’t think Foxy is good enough at the moment- has been woefully out of form last 2 weeks.
    Another option is COR. Needs a string of games to show where he’s at- can he make it or is he destined to be a squad player?

I agree that George is a midfield/ tagger and RB to midfield for in and under.

I would also move Lloyd to the wing as we need more height/ marking power in defence. Dawson or Brand should take the kick-ins.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Here we go
    Hey Blood Fever

How about you tell me what you mean by that comment?

This thread is now 34 pages long and let me give you the tip, most of it isn’t positive

Senior Player
    Hey Blood Fever

How about you tell me what you mean by that comment?

This thread is now 34 pages long and let me give you the tip, most of it isn’t positive
    Agree that a lot of it is negative. My comment refers to how you seldom post during a game when we are winning but are quick to turn on players when we are behind during
    a game (even if we end up winning) or when we lose. I'm not the only poster on here who notices..Understand if you think it's mean spirited but you did ask me to explain.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Agree that a lot of it is negative. My comment refers to how you seldom post during a game when we are winning but are quick to turn on players when we are behind during
    a game (even if we end up winning) or when we lose. I'm not the only poster on here who notices..Understand if you think it's mean spirited but you did ask me to explain.
    Suggest you use the search function, I post plenty of other times and I rarely turn on the players.

I criticise the coach because i don’t believe he’s anywhere near as good as others on here believe

If you don’t like differing viewpoints you shouldn’t be on here

FWIW I think your constant umpire bashing was tiresome but I didn’t bother pointing it out to everyone

Senior Player
    Suggest you use the search function, I post plenty of other times and I rarely turn on the players.

I criticise the coach because i don’t believe he’s anywhere near as good as others on here believe

If you don’t like differing viewpoints you shouldn’t be on here

FWIW I think your constant umpire bashing was tiresome but I didn’t bother pointing it out to everyone
    Glad you got that off your chest. Not everyone agrees with each other. I'm far from perfect. Let's move on.

On the veteran's list
    Dermie in article on SEN today saying Swans were slaughtered by the umps in the Hawthorn game. Coming from Ex hawk Brereton, it must have been more than us Red and White onliners thinking we were harshly treated.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/06/29/adjudication-of-afl-rules-at-a-crossroads-after-umpires-slaughtered-two/

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Dermie in article on SEN today saying Swans were slaughtered by the umps in the Hawthorn game. Coming from Ex hawk Brereton, it must have been more than us Red and White onliners thinking we were harshly treated.

Adjudication of AFL rules “at a crossroads” after umpires “slaughtered” two clubs
    The game has got a serious credibility problem.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    The game has got a serious credibility problem.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    Only commentator with the balls to say it.