Page 162 of 452 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,933 to 1,944 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

A recent Titus O'Reilly tweet.

"Feel bad for Ben Brown. Could be forced to end up at one of the sixteen teams better than North Melbourne."

Only sixteen, Titus?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Well that’s ok, because he’d be playing with us, not against us. The bigger problem is on the short dimensions of the SCG Ben Brown’s set shot run up would start somewhere between full back and center half back!
    Yes, and if he played for us, umpires like Stevic, would start telling him to play on, just as he got to the start of his run up.

I just read online that Zac Williams is going to Carlton on $900k p.a. for 5 years. Crazy money! They also mentioned that our Papps knocked back $800k p.a. from them. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I just read online that Zac Williams is going to Carlton on $900k p.a. for 5 years. Crazy money! They also mentioned that our Papps knocked back $800k p.a. from them. Wow!
    Robbo described Carlton’s manoeuvre as a “panic buy” which puts him in the same fiscal ballpark as: Fyfe, Buddy, Danger, Cripps, Dusty etc.

At least Williams will be closer to his sister!

- - - Updated - - -

They are allegedly paying (the Wrong) McGovern $750k a year

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Robbo described Carlton’s manoeuvre as a “panic buy” which puts him in the same fiscal ballpark as: Fyfe, Buddy, Danger, Cripps, Dusty etc.

At least Williams will be closer to his sister!

- - - Updated - - -

They are allegedly paying (the Wrong) McGovern $750k a year
    If true, Carlton are betting the farm on immediate flag but detrimentally to their future. They must be frustrated they can't make the 8 let alone progress through finals. That's a lot of cap on some not so great players.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

SYDNEY SWANS

Lewis Taylor - Brought in from Brisbane for pick 48 and would’ve provided handy backup if Tom Papley went down or left the club. Neither have happened and as such has been starved for opportunity. Nine games this season, but the only real notable one was Round 2’s loss to Essendon where he booted three goals and looked dangerous. Injured in Round 17 and didn’t return.

GRADE: C

AFL trades 2020: every trade ranked, best trades, worst trades, recruits, contract, moves | Fox Sports
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Brown is a one trick pony, and has never kicked goals against us because we know how to counter his one trick.
    I’m not arguing for us to get him, just that he probably deserves a bit more credit.

Yes he has his limitations, but he’s averaged around 3 goals a game for the 3 seasons prior to this one, it’s a pretty decent trick. Consistent multiple goal scorers are the rarest commodity in our game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Melbourne_Blood; 24th September 2020 at 07:18 AM.

Say we were interested though ( I think he’s maybe slightly too old for our list profile) what about this - our futures first round pick for norths future second and Brown ? Maybe we throw in Ronke too, they need a small forward. Is that an acceptable deal for North I wonder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offer North Reid and Ronke plus 3rd round pic for Brown?
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Senior Player
    I would take Brown over Daniher. At least Brown seems to want to play football. And on North Melbourne; do they have any
    players left? perhaps they are folding. I mean the Jobkeeper payment is going down next week from $750 a week to $600.
    Might be a good time to chuck it in.

Norf have put themselves in a really weak negotiating position with Brown and Polec.

I think they’ll take whatever they can get as no one expects either to be there next year.

Shaw May have his eye on a Swans player(s), but probably one we want to keep.

I’d rather give up fringe players than high draft picks, obvs, but I don’t think we’d be interested.

Interestingly, Ross Lyon just said on Footy Classfied that we are closer to our next flag than Carlton!
    and Ross Lyon knows about being close to a flag

I hope someone picks a key position before us, just hope wr grab an A grade Mid.

Look at Freo a few years back with Cerra and Bradshaw, you cant deny top end talent