Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr heeney and Mr jones

Mr heeney and Mr jones

I'm going out on a limb and making the claim that Isaac could set the world on fire in 2017

He will be unleashed in the midfield and watch him burn the competition

That little taste of midfield rotation back end of the 2016 season will be nothing compared to what he will bring

So too will we witness the intensity of Zac jones......an uninterrupted pre season and he is seriously ready !!

It's going to be a seriously tough match up for opposition midfields and I suspect that we will up the midfield benchmark that we set all season last year

Heeney
    Parker
    Kennedy
    Hannes
    Jones
    Lloyd
    Jack

With so many other contributors rotating thru the midfield !!!

I think K Jack will spend alot of time as a small forward this year. Especially with Papley missing the first few games at least

Veterans List
    Letting Tom Mitchell go was strategic to allow us to add a different type to the mids, so I want to see Jones in the midfield as he brings pace and mongrel and good foot skills.

It's not like he was integral to our back six, and we have a number of contenders for HBF, but Jones brings something different to our midfield mix which we really need.

Agree that the glimpse we got late last year of Heeney's potential is damned exciting. As for Mills, well he's just a clone of Pendlebury!

Hardly out on a limb.
    I fully expect Heeney to go from strength to strength this year.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Oops I meant could overtake our other midfielders in dominance

That's the big call

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Oops I meant could overtake our other midfielders in dominance

That's the big call
    I kinda expect that too.
    Maybe my expectations are too high
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I kinda expect that too.
    Maybe my expectations are too high
    Lower expectations are easier to achieve but they'll never win him a Brownlow

I'm not sure that we let Mitchell go but rather we were not willing or able to pay what others were prepared to pay him. The coaching staff did rate him highly and he was one of our better performers on GF day.

Regardless of the circumstances of him leaving I agree that we have enough depth in the midfield to cover his loss. Jones is a real goer. The coaches do seem to like his run off half back so I would imagine he would still play mainly there. Attacking half backs who break the lines with pace are so critical these days. Look at Johanssen at the Bulldogs and Shaw at GWS as prime examples.

Heeney will really add to our midfield this year with his strength and pace. I'm thinking a young Chris Judd. It's all pretty exciting and then there are players in the wings like Newman and O'Riedon who could break into the side this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I'm not sure that we let Mitchell go but rather we were not willing or able to pay what others were prepared to pay him. The coaching staff did rate him highly and he was one of our better performers on GF day.

Regardless of the circumstances of him leaving I agree that we have enough depth in the midfield to cover his loss. Jones is a real goer. The coaches do seem to like his run off half back so I would imagine he would still play mainly there. Attacking half backs who break the lines with pace are so critical these days. Look at Johanssen at the Bulldogs and Shaw at GWS as prime examples.

Heeney will really add to our midfield this year with his strength and pace. I'm thinking a young Chris Judd. It's all pretty exciting and then there are players in the wings like Newman and O'Riedon who could break into the side this year.

Know his strength and awareness and marking ability are impressive. Not too sure about his pace? Is he that fast... like Chris Judd?

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Know his strength and awareness and marking ability are impressive. Not too sure about his pace? Is he that fast... like Chris Judd?
    +1 My thoughts exactly. Speed was one of Judd's standout qualities that made him so dangerous and impressive.

He probably is not as quick as Judd in his prime but as Judd got older he lost that and used his strength more to extract the ball from packs. Perhaps Heeney is more like Judd in that latter period? Time will tell. He is certainly not slow and has quick hands and athleticism.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Cat like agility, not sure he's that quick though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast