Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 7 V Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Buddy actually drops more than he should for his salary .
    Ha! With your screen name don't think you are in a position to criticise!

If McVeigh plays then its time for a new coach.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Buddy actually drops more than he should for his salary .
    More like no one knows how to put the ball on his chest. The delivery to him is shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Why do you say that?

I'm not suggesting that we should play Buddy as a ruckman, but if we did, he would be the greatest ruckman ever. As ruckmen receive increasingly more protection from injury due to rule changes, it could become a serious consideration to use players like Buddy, Aliir and Reid as ruckmen to add that extra mobile player in the midfield contests.

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    You are assuming that Cameron is ready to make the step up to the AFL. If the coaches think he's not ready, then they've got no backup in the ruck. Although Aliir / Towers (with a nod to Ludwig) may be on the extended bench partly as makeshift ruckmen if Naismith doesn't play.
    Cameron was good in the Preseason games. He is a mature selection who has kicked 38 goals in the WAFL. I don't think there is a problem about whether he can step up. Naismith was still in a brace at the start of the week. So can't see him playing. Tippett hasn't been named so he won't play. My point was that if this is the case and Cameron wasn't named then Reid is the second ruck once again. Towers was ok when you had a situation where he was the second up or he was the designated ruck that did not get into the wrestling that rucks do. If he gets caught by the opposition ruck in that spot he is useless as he can't leap. I don't like to see an undersized ruck. So many people here have posted that there is no indication that winning rucks mean winning mids. But if you look at the best rucks you'll find that their output does reflect their team dominance.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Cameron was good in the Preseason games. ... So many people here have posted that there is no indication that winning rucks mean winning mids. But if you look at the best rucks you'll find that their output does reflect their team dominance.
    At least no use of @@@@ in that post :-)
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Agreed. He'll take 4-6 games to find his form. He should be doing that in the magoos.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Why can't we play Naismith and Sinclair. In any case Cameron has no AFL games to his name. If he is supposedly the deciding factor between whether we win or lose then we are in bigger strife than we imagine.
    Naismith was meant to come back next week at the earliest. He had the brace on up until this week. Do you really want to take the risk?

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Why don't you just say that you think everyone is gushing because the colour of his skin. Do you seriously think people in this day n age think this, you might get a minority of sjw's but I think most want him in due to his run n carry which atm we lack considerably. You have to look at the defence as one whole unit. We have Smith terribly out of form, Grundy has been concussed in 2 games, Rampe is out, Melican is a first year player, not a lot of defensive help from the midfield n clubs have battered Mills from pillar to post. AA would help Grundy as a third man up, allow more run from half back, put another big body down there which we lack and gives us more flexibility allowing Mills & Jones more time through the midfield. He's not the key to changing things around immediately but he's part of the key. It has nothing to do with the colour of his skin.
    What's more from what I've seen he'd give Mills more back up than Smith & Reg have. They were conspicuous in their absence in Mills' problems last week. the two most experienced backs were cowardly bastards.

Although I agree with others that McVeigh should not come straight back in...

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter who comes in or who goes out, or who plays ruck....

If we play with the insipid spirit and lack of hardness that we did last week, we'll loose again.

It's attitude, as much as anything else, that will determine the outcome of this game.

It's time to focus on the simple things. Chase hard, tackle hard, spread hard, contest hard...for 4 quarters.

Do that and we'll win easily....I think they will this week....Swans by 53
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I agree Barry. He hasn't played a decent game for 2 years and is hardly likely to now. Give his spot to a kid and let's not worry about trying to get him to 300.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast