Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 5 V Western Bulldogs

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Yeh Goodes being sub certainly makes sense...I wouldn't mind Towers being given the job as a defensive forward on Murphy.

If he is sub though the media will go to town on it...idiots they are.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Yes, I also like Mike PYke.
    In fact, I think that against the Western Bulldogs, one area that our Swans will have a definite advantage is Pyke and Tippett, matching up against Cordy and Roughead in the ruck. And this plus should be magnified by our on ball brigade, who do seem to be a little bit more hard bodied and capable of winning the in close, contested ball.
    Also, I do hope that the inclusion of Mitchell, as another in and under midfielder, is a sign that we intend to play the more traditional wet weather game. That is, use our advantage at the rucks and as soon as we get the ball, kick it as long as possible. Then, if we get possession downfield, kick the ball long again. And if we don't immediately get possession of the ball, lock it in and create another ruck contest, where our advantage means that we are a better than even chance of getting the ball again and kicking it long.
    Seems simple, but I do wonder if teams these days spend so much time practicing the quick handball routines, that these routines become the automatic reflex. Which does produce some instinctive, very good to watch, football in dry conditions: but tend to break down in the wet.

Updated forecast as at 4.20 today.

Min 18
    Max 21

Rain
    Chance of any rain: 90%
    Rainfall amount: 15 to 40 mm
    Sydney area - Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of rain, possibly heavy at times. The chance of a thunderstorm, more likely in the late afternoon and evening. Winds east to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h turning southerly 20 to 30 km/h in the late afternoon.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

It looks like Towers will be sub to replace Goodes when he gets tired.

The stoppages will be critical. Might be hard finding the ball.

p1015072nv7.jpg

Yeah, I've found it! Actually, no, that's a head. Ohhhhhh.

Wrong ball dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Updated forecast as at 4.20 today.

Min 18
    Max 21

Rain
    Chance of any rain: 90%
    Rainfall amount: 15 to 40 mm
    Sydney area - Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of rain, possibly heavy at times. The chance of a thunderstorm, more likely in the late afternoon and evening. Winds east to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h turning southerly 20 to 30 km/h in the late afternoon.
    Actually, if you're going to cop what we're currently getting pelted with up here in South East Queensland, it could be ugly. Brisbane has just had it's wettest May day on record, the beaches are copping a beating, my backyard is a lake and as I type, I'm casting a nervous eye to the water that is slowly rising to backdoor level.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Actually, if you're going to cop what we're currently getting pelted with up here in South East Queensland, it could be ugly. Brisbane has just had it's wettest May day on record, the beaches are copping a beating, my backyard is a lake and as I type, I'm casting a nervous eye to the water that is slowly rising to backdoor level.
    Sorry to hear that dejavoodoo44 - hope it works out ok for you. That's the sort of weather we had in Sydney last week. We had over 300mm of rain at my place in two days.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Sorry to hear that dejavoodoo44 - hope it works out ok for you. That's the sort of weather we had in Sydney last week. We had over 300mm of rain at my place in two days.
    I'll happily trade my weather for your weather

download.png

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Ta, Erica, though looking at the radar, I think that the worst of it has probably just passed us. So I'm not getting too stressed (famous last words).
    Hope you don't cop it too badly over the next couple of days: 300mm is already a huge amount for Sydney.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I'll happily trade my weather for your weather

download.png
    Before I do the trade, you may have to tell me what the humidity levels are.

Not sure the boys would like playing in 35 degree heat.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast