Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rnd 2 vs HAwthorn at the SCG on Sunday 26 March 2023, 1:10 PM Sydney time

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Not sure if you're being ironic. Yes, they had a practice match. Neither our website nor GWS' have published anything much about it except that we know Aaron Cadman kicked 6 goals (mostly in the second half). ootf has posted a whole heap of great photos from the game on his website (search "carter capture").
    This image is impressive......McAndrew.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Swans-GWS...25A3578-X2.jpg

.....and this one:

https://photos.smugmug.com/Swans-GWS...25A3899-X2.jpg

.....and young Corey.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Swans-GWS...25A3609-X2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Giulio View Post
    I couldn't help noticing that on the Swans team list on their website, there are two Harry Cunninghams named for the match against the Hawks; Harry (a) on half back and Harry (b) on Half Forward. Secret cloning experiments notwithstanding, perhaps Harry has been working on improving his speed to Flash-like proportions (I tried to post a link, but wasn't able to).
    Maybe his nickname should be Dolly?

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Surprising to see Trent Dennis-Lane running past to support Corey. He hasn't aged at all.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Surprising to see Trent Dennis-Lane running past to support Corey. He hasn't aged at all.
    Funny that just when we start talking about TDK, TDL makes a cameo appearance.

Regular in the Side
    It has been announced that athletic tall Joel Amartey comes in to replace the suspended Lance Franklin

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It has been announced that athletic tall Joel Amartey comes in to replace the suspended Lance Franklin
    I'm happy about that.

Veterans List
    Amartey, hope we have reason to party!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    We have gone with the most conservative of the options available - the alternatives would be going small or including a second ruck.
    Not unhappy about it, just noting - some thought we might have gone experimental in the expectation that the Hawks are rubbish.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 25th March 2023 at 06:44 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    We have gone with the most conservative of the options available - the alternatives would be going small or including a second ruck.
    Not unhappy about it, just noting - some thought we might have gone experimental in the expectation that the Hawks are rubbish.
    Fair point. We're also giving Amartey and McLean more opportunity to see if they can be our future, along with McDonald. Let's remember that Amartey is 23 yo and McLean only turned 24 yo earlier this year - history has taught us that players, especially talls, peak later than that.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Looking forward to today. 1st half is crucial, Hawks will bring physical intensity given they were humbled last week and if we turn up expecting an easy win then it may be us chasing the game.

Veteran Site Admin
    Seems that Roberts will be the sub again today, given that Sheldrick (and McAndrew and Warner) are playing in the VFL game.

Weather is perfect for footy. Ground looks good and a decent crowd rolling in.

Hoping we come out hard and give the wees and poos a good old fashioned belting.

A decent win is perfectly fine too. Just love flogging the Hawks ha.

Sent from my CPH2307 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123