Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sam Reid's market

Sam Reid's market

I keep watching it over and over and it just keeps getting better.

Big pack flies and Sam, looking huge, just flies from behind scattering players like nine pins. Comes down with the ball, clean one grab mark. Looks injured but shakes himself off and gets up.

It's what I'd call an old fashion pack mark of the type that Wayne Carey and Gary Ablett used to take. Not a a classic speccy, but a pack busting fly showing strength, judgement and timing.

This kid is seriously good. I hope he plays for us for his whole career, but whatever happens, we are going to see many more wonderful things from Sam over his career.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    So long as he works on his goal kicking, he will be force to be reckoned with.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    His timing is superb. Agree 100%. He is seriously good.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    I thought from the thread name that either Sammy was selling something, or Heath Shaw was going to bet on him.....
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Told yers he would be a keeper. Smug.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the veteran's list
    Does anyone know where he stands, contract wise?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Told yers he would be a keeper. Smug.
    Your ability to pick a winner is terrific and has been proven before, Prim...BUT blind Freddie could see from his first practice run that this kid had it!! In fact, even I picked him out!
    So in keeping with the spirit you showed. I'll now stick my neck out and say Jed Lamb will be a ten year player.

Not often we get a winner from the first practice match, now do admit !!!

I would also include Luke Parker, and of course Jed Lamb, and if Big Red can stop breaking himself, him too.

Along with Kane Murphy, if they use their brains and our insight and pick him up!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Your ability to pick a winner is terrific and has been proven before, Prim...BUT blind Freddie could see from his first practice run that this kid had it!! In fact, even I picked him out!
    So in keeping with the spirit you showed. I'll now stick my neck out and say Jed Lamb will be a ten year player.
    Sammy will be a champ. He is already a bit of a darling of the commentators, and will no doubt get some attention from other clubs. I really hope he isn't interested in getting back to Melbourne.

Re Jed Lamb - I hope so. Just hope he gets back from injury soon!
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Sammy will be a champ. He is already a bit of a darling of the commentators, and will no doubt get some attention from other clubs. I really hope he isn't interested in getting back to Melbourne.
    He's not from Melbourne. He's a country boy. So you'd hope the lure would be less.

What impresses me about his is that he is not just a marking player. He's already won himself a handful of shots on goal this year through his tackling, he can pick the ball up off the ground and he has shot off many quick and intelligent handballs. And all this from a teenager who was described at U18 level as more athlete than footballer.

Blog Entries
    Certainly is a country boy, but a country VIC boy.
    Reid:
    Recruited from: Wangaratta/Murray Bushrangers

I had the pleasure of watching a ressies game last year with his Mum who sat with us in the Noble after she got talking to my missus whilst lining up to get into the ground.

She couldn't speak highly enough of the Swans and the way they had looked after both 'her boy' and the parents as well. She was loathe to criticise Collingwood, but it was plain to see that they were much more impressed with the way the Swans went about things in regards to young player management. I guess that means sfa in the long term scheme of things, but it was quite apparent that homesickness wasn't a factor.

As a sidenote, we laughed when we were talking about Bruce (Ben and Sam's dad) and his career as a player. She told us he was suspended twice in his career, both times for striking. Once against Collingwood and once against the Swans...lol
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast