Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 12 v The Cats

I suspect we're going to see Goodesy largely play in the forward line tonight. I think TDL's omission is for balance. I'm with others here in that he's a different kind of forward and offers something else but I think that others have nailed in when they say that Everitt offers more flexibility as a sub. It does leave us very tall but it's not likely to be wet tonight.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

TDL should be in the team ahead of Everitt. Shame that he has been dropped.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    ... It does leave us very tall but it's not likely to be wet tonight.
    I reckon it will be a very heavy dew, and I am not talking about Stuey. With a damp ball, TDL's handling>>>>Everitt's.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Agree TDL is unlucky and I do think he offers something to the team but I think it's a side balance issue with McGlynn coming back in.

You'd think Goodes will play mostly forward so I'm not sure what LRT will be doing unless he is FF for structure and Goodes is a roaming forward.

Everitt will surely be the sub, Armstrong needs to get full games now so he is well integrated into the backline for later in the year.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I reckon it will be a very heavy dew, and I am not talking about Stuey. With a damp ball, TDL's handling>>>>Everitt's.
    Don't think there will be dew. The winds have just arrived in Sydney.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Warming the Bench
    Hate to see TDL dropped but going through the side it was hard to find anyone else (obviously Everitt but i choose to ignore him as Longmire will keep playing him regardless) hope TDL takes it in his stride. Must be frustrating though.

Real confidence going into tonight and i would be very surprised to lose and not be shocked if we blew them away.
    watching with some diehard cats supporters so my arrogance needs to be backed up or its going to be a long weekend.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    Hate to see TDL dropped but going through the side it was hard to find anyone else (obviously Everitt but i choose to ignore him as Longmire will keep playing him regardless) hope TDL takes it in his stride. Must be frustrating though.

?? I don't think Everitt can think he's a certainty for selection every week, as you suggest. But with Bennie and Goodes back if you dropped Everitt you'd have to move either LRT, TDL or Sam into the midfield - or expect Goodes to not play as a forward on his first game back. Maybe the coaching panel looks at a balanced team rather than "lets knife someone" as many here (not necessarily you Plugger) seem to suggest?

I admire your confidence. Somehow I think this won't be a close game but I have no idea which way it'll go. The Cats are a hard, clever team but the Swans are deserved favourites. Win this and we should definitely be looking at Top 4 and a shot at the flag in 2012. We'll know more about that after Rounds 16 and 20 . . .

Game does not start till 7.50 is that right?
    -

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I appreciate the desire for forward structure, and Trent does help with that- but you'd assume that Goodesy is probably going to spend a fair portion of the game plonked in the forward line.

Just based on their performance in the last game, I thought that Andrejs was a hell of a lot better than Trent. I'd hazard to guess that he might have picked up some votes in the B&F as well for doing the job that was asked of him by the coaches; late in the 4th when it seemed like every Swan had tired legs and we had a ruckman that couldn't jump Andrejs went third man up at stoppages a number of times, that sort of thing doesn't go unnoticed by the coaches and helped us hang on.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Game does not start till 7.50 is that right?
    Correct - gives Channel 7 enough time to go on with a load of rubbish and run some ads, whilst it allows extra time for us to get through the schemozzle that is eastern suburbs traffic on a Friday night to get into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    ?? I don't think Everitt can think he's a certainty for selection every week, as you suggest. But with Bennie and Goodes back if you dropped Everitt you'd have to move either LRT, TDL or Sam into the midfield - or expect Goodes to not play as a forward on his first game back. Maybe the coaching panel looks at a balanced team rather than "lets knife someone" as many here (not necessarily you Plugger) seem to suggest?

I admire your confidence. Somehow I think this won't be a close game but I have no idea which way it'll go. The Cats are a hard, clever team but the Swans are deserved favourites. Win this and we should definitely be looking at Top 4 and a shot at the flag in 2012. We'll know more about that after Rounds 16 and 20 . . .
    Not sure I agree with the sentiment that TDL, LRT or Sam would have to go to the mids. Bennie will play a certain amount in the mids as he has for most of the season. Goodsie will also be playing his part in the mids, yes even in his first match back. But Drey is better in the mids than in a set back or forward spot. Longmire is probably looking for that little extra in the mids with Lukie out.

Someone said in another thread we have gone very tall on what looks like a wet night to come. But the BOM tells us there is only 30% chance of rain. There will probably be a dew on the ground as the overnight temp in set to drop to 7 and that also means a fog. Let's hope the Cats players get lost in the fog and our blokes clean up.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast