Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 20 Swans v Collingwood, SCG, Sat 4 Aug 7:25pm @SydneySwans #AFLSwansPies

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Thwere is a reaon for that. They had 10 first 22 out we had 5.
    They did ok last week against the tigers with 8 of the 22 out.............

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Seems I was a bit wrong on AJ. I'm gladly eating fries with my words. Where the hell have they been hiding him for six years??
    Great win. Great wins make me happy.
    A second helping of fries with Macca getting back in 4 weeks and having a solid game as well?

Great win by the team on Saturday night - a real heart stopper. Our third quarter footy was fantastic, the other three quarters pretty lousy. I think what this all showed was that we can play fast footy, with quick transition into forward 50. I wonder if the guys thought they had nothing to lose as they were getting beaten quite convincingly around the park and threw caution to the wind. Then when they were in front, retreated back into their shells due to a complete lack of self belief?

Warming the Bench
    Modern footy is all about momentum that is why 5-6 goal leads aren't game over scenarios anymore
    The last quarter is just the product of this
    We lost the momentum
    I for one will celebrate the character to hit the front again rather than the slip that cost us the lead

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Wow.
    All game I wondered why the hell did they pick McCartin... now I know why.
    Happy we got the four points; and happy we beat the colliwobbles. That should shut up a few of their supporters who have been hassling me for a few weeks!!
    Seems I was a bit wrong on AJ. I'm gladly eating fries with my words. Where the hell have they been hiding him for six years??
    Great win. Great wins make me happy.
    Always good to admit when one is wrong Annie! AJ still has a lot of work to do to get back to where he looked like he was heading in the early years, but just to get back on the AFL park is remarkable in itself. Onwards and upwards from here
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Warming the Bench
    The one-sided commentary was quite amateur. However, they were talking to a largely Melbourne audience - this explains it but does not excuse it. I couldn't believe how many times they talked about Collingwoods long injury list without once mentioning the Swans injury list.

Who said Tom McCartin can't kick goals! It was more luck than anything but it won us the game. It was great to see AJ out there again; he had some good touches and got through the game unscathed.

Our younger players are looking tired, particularly Hayward and Florent. We played well in patches; the 3rd quarter was good but we're still too tentative coming out of the back half. It's just a matter of confidence and time as there are a lot of inexperienced players in our team.

I wasn't expecting to win but sure glad we did. Our ruck problems aren't going to get any easier as next week we play Melbourne (and Max Gawn). Poor Sinclair - it's going to be a nervous week for Callum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Yes I heard Darcy exclaim "Oh No" when Buddy took that mark. He couldn't hide his disappointment!
    What about Darcy's comment with about 15 mins to go in the last. "Been a while since the umpires have scored a goal".

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Thwere is a reaon for that. They had 10 first 22 out we had 5.
    Naismith, Tippett, Reid, Grundy, Melican, - that's an entiere spine...Hannebery, Mills, Jones and Rohan plus we have had Buddy on one foot most of the year and McVeigh and Jack missing large chunks of the year. So all in all I'd say that our outs at least match theirs.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Kennedy and Hayward are in trouble for sling tackles. Hayward's was particularly bad and I expect him to get 2 weeks. So unnecessary as he would have got a free for HTB..
    Will get absolutely nothing. Free kick paid, no damage done at all.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    What about Darcy's comment with about 15 mins to go in the last. "Been a while since the umpires have scored a goal".
    Did this really happen? If anyone has recorded the match could you take a look and confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    Did this really happen? If anyone has recorded the match could you take a look and confirm.
    A freudian slip no doubt, but it was definitely there!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    A freudian slip no doubt, but it was definitely there!
    I didn’t see it as barracking. It was just part of the theatre of the commentary - an “oh no” in those circumstances is like “can you believe it”, or “look out”, or “don’t tell me”.