Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Melbourne media at it again!!!

Melbourne media at it again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    I heard this and, I may be wrong, but my initial thought was that it was an ignorant Sydney-based journo, rather than Melbourne media.

Bloody funny though. If you know so little, why are you reporting at the game? I can understand some old NRL hack getting sent along to a mid-week presser if the AFL bloke is off sick, but to a game? Round 1? A derby game?
    Oh I wasn't suggesting it was a Melbourne based journo, just figured it fit into this thread.

Why do I have a sense of deja vu
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Melbourne media at it again!!!

The way they are carrying on about the unfairness of the COLA, you'd think they would all be giving us the cup already. That's the bizarre thing for me. We apparently have such a ridiculously unfair advantage over the rest of the comp, yet these same people claim we are no chance of winning the cup ? Mind boggling

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    To these Melbourne based 'experts': is someone able to explain the logic behind this annual poor assessment of the Sydney Swans?

OK AJ's out. (But how many Melbourne based 'experts' put him in their 2012 All Australian team?)

However, in comes McGynn, and later ths year Tippert and probably Gary Rohan.

Players like Hanners, Smith, Reid, Pyke, Bird, Morton, Jetta, Jack, Parker, (who was carrying an injury in 2012), can only get better this season.

There is no reason why Josh Kennedy, ROK or even Adam Goodes will not drop in their 2012 form. ( Josh in particular was a superstar last year)

Finally, the potential is there for Tom Mitchell, Tony Armstrong, Harry Cunningham, Jed Lamb, Dean Towers, and Dane Rampe in particular, to step up the mark in 2013.

So why as Matthew Lloyd assesses, would Sydney drop more than at least 4 places in 2013 and finish out of the top 4? What is the rationale behind 'experts' like Nathan Brown being so CERTAIN that the Swans will finish no better than 5th?
    I may be misreading your words, but Matthew Lloyd, in The Age footy guide supplement, tipped us to go back to back.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I may be misreading your words, but Matthew Lloyd, in The Age footy guide supplement, tipped us to go back to back.
    What is meant here is that Matthew Lloyd's assessment is to ask the very reasonable question: why on earth wouldn't the Swans still be in the top four in 2013? I fully appreciate that he (very much on his own south of the Murray) picks Sydney to go back to back this year.

Lloyd is a fool, and has no place in the Melbourne Football media!

Not one member of that revered organisation has tipped the Swans to finish top 8 in the past dozen years!!!

He is an imposter with zero credibility.

Brown had us sliding and finishing in the bottom 4 last year so I wouldn't worry too much. I normally take no notice of the crystal ball predictions but that one stuck in my mind.

It's just an opinion really, don't know why it bothers people. It has no actual bearing on the outcome and no-one gets the 8 right.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Just shows what a crap person Brian Taylor actually is. He should have rung Pyke after the GF and apologised but he's too low class for that.

He is a woeful commentator and knows so little about the game and players it's amazing he gets a gig at all. He appeals to the lowest common denominator of football follower which is why he gets to annoy us every year.
    So true.
    "Boy oh boy" is not a catchphrase -it is wallpaper to cover up the absence of powers of description and analysis.

I don't seem to mind BT as much as I used to. I particularly like how Richo sticks it to him - including about BT's atrocious call on Pyke.

Bruce has become my most unfavourite caller. Irrelevant stats and one non sequitur after another. Like at Jetta's mark in the last minute of the GF, Bruce started running through the list of Jetta's family in attendance.

As for the Melbourne punderati, let's just note their predictions and mock them at the end of the year.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Watched Footy Classified last night. How scary is Ms Wilson in HD.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    As for the Melbourne punderati, let's just note their predictions and mock them at the end of the year.
    I think you mean pudendumrati

oh for a latin education

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast