Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hawthorn to win flag in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Jewels the more money bet on a horse or footy club the shorter the odds. The shortest in odds is the favourite in the race. In this case the race for the flag.
    You're gibbering Wolfy.

As Jewels points out, the article said that the most money had come for Geelong. That doesn't make Geelong the favourites, just the best backed.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    You're gibbering Wolfy.

As Jewels points out, the article said that the most money had come for Geelong. That doesn't make Geelong the favourites, just the best backed.
    Wrong if your odds are shortest the horse with the shortest odds is the favourite in any race. Have a look at your local pub or betting shop TB! If the Hawks are the shortest odds then they are favourite if Geelong then they are favourites. The article said Geelong were shortest odds, then i fail to see how Hawks could be favourites. Maybe favoured by the so called experts but not on odds.

You're gibbering Wolfy.

And another remark about gibbering or any of that personal @@@@ and I will be reporting your post.

Wrong if your odds are shortest the horse with the shortest odds is the favourite in any race. Have a look at your local pub or betting shop TB! If the Hawks are the shortest odds then they are favourite if Geelong then they are favourites. The article said Geelong were shortest odds, then i fail to see how Hawks could be favourites. Maybe favoured by the so called experts but not on odds.
    And yet again you refuse to accept that the article only said that Geelong were best backed.

Jewels tried to explain it and when you dismissed him/her, I tried to explain it that being the 'best backed' doesn't make them favourites. You then try to explain to me how betting works which given my background is laughable.

Here's the article here.

Pay particular attention to this sentence...

Hawthorn is a short $3.50 favourite at TABSportsbet while this bookmaker has the reigning premier, the Sydney Swans, a joint second-favourite with West Coast
    Report away...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

And yet again you refuse to accept that the article only said that Geelong were best backed.

Jewels tried to explain it and when you dismissed him/her, I tried to explain it that being the 'best backed' doesn't make them favourites. You then try to explain to me how betting works which given my background is laughable.

Here's the article here.

Pay particular attention to this sentence...

Report away...
    Thanks Trips.

Wolftone, it's a matter of reading the article in its entirety and not reading the headline and running with it.

We opened them at $18 but they have been heavily backed since day one and are now into $12," said sportsbet.com.au spokesman Shaun Anderson.
    I'm not a gaming person myself but I do have a basic knowledge of how the whole thing works and when Geelong are paying $12 and Hawks $3.50 as it clearly states in the article, I don't see how you could have read it right through and come to the conclusion you did.

And you take offense at a word like gibbering, geesh.......

Re: Hawthorn to win flag in 2013

Why the confusion Wolftone?

Hawthorn are favourites... End of story. Geelong were heavily backed which altered their price but still not enough to be favourites.

As for Gibberish... That's a term that describes the content of a post (I'm an expert at writing gibberish so I know what I'm talking about) and is in no way a personal attack.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

That's not right when talking fixed odds. Without getting too complicated, a fixed odds market is originally based on opinion/ratings etc. Whoever is framing the market assesses the chances of each team/runner. Teams will then firm in price by either weight of money or performance. Obviously the opposite applies to drifters.

The tote system is different to this as all bets enter a pool. The final dividends on a tote system are completely based on weight of money.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    That's not right when talking fixed odds. Without getting too complicated, a fixed odds market is originally based on opinion/ratings etc. Whoever is framing the market assesses the chances of each team/runner. Teams will then firm in price by either weight of money or performance. Obviously the opposite applies to drifters.

The tote system is different to this as all bets enter a pool. The final dividends on a tote system are completely based on weight of money.
    And folks, that's coming from an expert in the field of punting.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345