Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 4 - West Coast

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Such a young team, pressure is off so time for the kids to give it a crack! Games like this one you find out what the next generation of players is made of. Fringe players like Cunningham, Sinclair and Foote have a chance to prove us all wrong.

I think I'll enjoy this season much more when we're no longer a top 4 possibility
    I think top 4 is no longer a possibility. Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

It should be obvious by now that Swans are tanking to get around the new Academy drafting restrictions.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    jesus, Foote and Cunningham

one subpar Ruck

one undercooked small forward
    Well if jesus is playing it ain't so bad. Can be a miracle worker that guy.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I think top 4 is no longer a possibility. Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

It should be obvious by now that Swans are tanking to get around the new Academy drafting restrictions.
    Thanks Mark, I feel better already!

We can win 15 games
    It will mean winnning tonight to start the rolling stone

Veterans List
    Was just told that Jeffrey is one of the umpires. Let's see how he can screw us over this time!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Was just told that Jeffrey is one of the umpires. Let's see how he can screw us over this time!

Capture.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    We can win 15 games
    It will mean winnning tonight to start the rolling stone
    As they say 'one brick at a time'....

I was disappointed to see Dawson get dropped, I think he did ok and deserved another chance, especially on a ground like Subiaco that is likely to suit his style of play. Gee I hope Papley is fit and raring to go and can make an impact, or we will look like fools for rushing him back so quickly if he doesn't have an impact.

I have no expectations for tonight - I just hope we give it a red hot go. Footy is a funny game, and if we don't repeat that vomit we dished up in Q1 last week, we aren't without a decent chance of pulling off an upset tonight. We need something to create some momentum in our season - which so far has been derailed by injuries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post

As least there is no sign of Stevic, that #16 cheat or Nicholls. But Jeffrey will no doubt make up for them
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    We can win 15 games
    It will mean winning tonight to start the rolling stone
    If the Swans win tonight, I wouldn't be surprised. But to do so, our midfield needs to lift. I'm just not sure how much it can lift until we get Heeney and a ruckman back?
    Last edited by Billericay; 13th April 2017 at 10:58 AM.

Stunning selection! Well, not really, the match committee's hand has been forced. But looking over the team for the first time it has really struck me that we have had a complete rebuild on the stealth. How we did that without dropping out of the top 4 is amazing. On every line there are newbie players. It feels like half the team has only been playing for a year or two.

Clearly this is why Horse likes having a full stable of rucks. If Ludwig were in charge we would be recalling Towers purely for his rucking ability. Ludwig just doesn't take rucking seriously which is why he's such a Tdx fan. What a bummer for Cameron just when he would almost certainly have got a jumper.

Congratulations to Papley and Melican! Very pleased for them both. Papley actually is a stunning selection - no brainer and one of my faves if fit but with so little match practice I hope he holds up ok - I guess they will keep his game time down if they can. Also good to see BJ rewarded for his effort and consistency in the NEAFL. However, if he still isn't getting a game and his contract is up this year I think that's a bad sign for him. He needs to keep tearing it up in the NEAFL or he won't be recontracted. At this stage it's looking less than 50/50 that he will get another contract. It's strange that his issue is his disposal because he's a smart guy and I've heard it said that kicking is one of the things you can improve.

I wonder if next trade period we will look at bringing in one or more mature players to complement the yoof. Hopefully we have enough confidence in the youngsters that we don't need to and we just get the best players available. Then again wiseheads with good work ethic can help set the tone at training and in the NEAFL. Freo's fire sale last year was an opportunity to profit that the Suns and Giants made the most of. After this week I'm thinking there's a real chance we could draft a project ruck like Liam Maze (joy for MP!) to have another one going around. If Macca would take a pay cut and accede to running around in the NEAFL as a kind of captain-coach, I'd keep him, but I can't see that happening.

Overall, the youth of our players is a good sign for the future. The pain of rebuilding is right now and it should get better from here. And we played the Granny last year!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    For all his failure to deliver consistently at senior level, I believe Cunningham is a far better option than Jack. Jack doesn't get the ball much at senior level (and he is usually asked to play a very different role to that at NEAFL level). And Cunningham can kick the ball reasonably well.
    I agree with this - his kicking and pace s/be good for Subiaco

Regular in the Side
    We have replaced Naismith at 206cm with Papley at 177cm. Tom is only 29cm shorter than Naismith with I guess shorter arms as well so I am thinking he may struggle a little with his ruck duties. He has also had no pre season or match practice and has just been taken off the long term injury list so his fitness might also be suspect. Horse might I respectfully suggest that he is not exactly an ideal replacement.

Is there a problem with one of our talls such that we have needed to elevate Melican to the senior list as an emergency. Talls in the side are Sinclair and Franklin at 199cm, Reid at 196cm, Aliir at 194cm then Grundy at 192cm. Melican at 193cm along with Pink is the next tallest player on our list. Is he our emergency ruckman if Sinclair drops out before the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    If the Swans win tonight, I wouldn't be surprised. But to do so, our midfield needs to lift. I'm just not sure how much it can lift until we get Heeney and a ruckman back?
    our midfield will determine whether we win or lose - half of them haven't fired a shot yet