Page 146 of 452 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,752 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's amazing what you can learn from these journalistic stunners. You have to scroll down to the last entry, then this:

Tom Derickx (2013)
    Delisted by:
    Richmond
    Picked up by: Sydney
    After two games in three years at Tigerland, the inexperienced ruckman was snapped up by the Swans. Had a decent first year in the Harbour City after sitting out the first round, playing 12 matches in a row. But was dropped and then knee and hamstring injuries denied him any chance of featuring in the 2014 finals series. Managed just one more game in his final two years with the Swans as Sam Naismith, Toby Nankervis and Callum Sinclair all leapfrogged him in the ruck pecking order. Retired early last month

Tom Derickx comes through again, by retiring early for the 2nd time, thus opening another spot on our list and perhaps saving the career of young player who was headed for the delisting.

I thought I should add the pic, just so we don't forget the famous #19.

*Just realised that Tom was listed with the MISSES. Who would have thought.

- - - Updated - - -

You're losing it Nico. You'll never make 10,000 posts.
    No prize for second Ludwig.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Jordan Roughead Dogs to Pies? Matt DeBoar Freo to GWS? Collins Freo to VFL to Suns?

But the strike rate is very low. Can't think of any Swans that have gone elsewhere to be regulars.Players who are cut by sides are rated in the late 30s, highly unlikely that a well tried player rated there by their current club will improve by half a list to become a regular 22 somewhere else
    Membrey may be the only one.

Regular in the Side
    Not quite the same but the one that really rankles with me is Josh Dunkley. Draft tampering to which we acquiesced.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Contract, has a contract
    A good point regarding Naismith, he'll stay another year then. However, he will have to come under scrutiny at some point. 30 games in 8 seasons isn't going to be looked on favourably if list sizes come under pressure. Alex Johnson played 47 games in 8 seasons and he was delisted after another injury. Naismith may eventually go the same way.

Here is a list of players with no contract beyond the end of this year:
    Joel Amartey
    James Bell
    Kaiden Brand
    Ryan Clarke
    Zac Foot
    Robbie Fox
    George Hewett
    Josh Kennedy
    Michael Knoll
    Matthew Ling
    Jack Maibaum
    Hayden McLean
    Lewis Melican
    Barry O'Connor
    Ben Ronke
    Brady Rowles
    Ryley Stoddart
    Jackson Thurlow
    Sam Wicks

That is 19 players. Obviously, not all of them would be candidates for delisting (Hewett, Kennedy), but any delistings would mostly come from this group (Elijah Taylor being a likely exception).

North Melbourne had 24 players out of contract and delisted 11 of them. I doubt we would be that extreme, but I won't be surprised if we delist about five. Sometimes a delisting give the players an opportunity to go elsewhere and they end up getting redrafted. We have done this before.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Not quite the same but the one that really rankles with me is Josh Dunkley. Draft tampering to which we acquiesced.
    He would have come to us if we picked him.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Another one that I find really annoying is being excluded from trading in players despite breaking no rules.

If the same standards were applied to other clubs, several Melbourne-based clubs would also have been excluded from trading for players (Hawthorn, Geelong, St Kilda, etc).
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    A good point regarding Naismith, he'll stay another year then. However, he will have to come under scrutiny at some point. 30 games in 8 seasons isn't going to be looked on favourably if list sizes come under pressure. Alex Johnson played 47 games in 8 seasons and he was delisted after another injury. Naismith may eventually go the same way.

Here is a list of players with no contract beyond the end of this year:
    Joel Amartey
    James Bell
    Kaiden Brand
    Ryan Clarke
    Zac Foot
    Robbie Fox
    George Hewett
    Josh Kennedy
    Michael Knoll
    Matthew Ling
    Jack Maibaum
    Hayden McLean
    Lewis Melican
    Barry O'Connor
    Ben Ronke
    Brady Rowles
    Ryley Stoddart
    Jackson Thurlow
    Sam Wicks

That is 19 players. Obviously, not all of them would be candidates for delisting (Hewett, Kennedy), but any delistings would mostly come from this group (Elijah Taylor being a likely exception).

North Melbourne had 24 players out of contract and delisted 11 of them. I doubt we would be that extreme, but I won't be surprised if we delist about five. Sometimes a delisting give the players an opportunity to go elsewhere and they end up getting redrafted. We have done this before.
    I'd classify them as follows: first group definite delist, and then drop below each line depending on how desperate the list size situation is.

Foot
    Knoll
    Maibaum
    Ronke
    Rowles
    -----------‐-----
    Amartey
    O'Connor
    ----‐------------
    Brand
    Bell
    Stoddart

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I'd classify them as follows: first group definite delist, and then drop below each line depending on how desperate the list size situation is.

Foot
    Knoll
    Maibaum
    Ronke
    Rowles
    -----------‐-----
    Amartey
    O'Connor
    ----‐------------
    Brand
    Bell
    Stoddart
    Looking at your list, which seems a good estimate of the situation to me, I think that all of those players will go apart from Bell and maybe O'Connor (depending on how he has progressed this year). I would add in Ling to the likely delist group.

Teams that finish bottom 4 generally cut hard. We have not heard much about Hewitt. Will he stay or go elsewhere? Time will tell.

Veterans List

Foot
    Knoll
    Maibaum
    Ronke
    Rowles
    -----------‐-----
    Amartey
    O'Connor
    ----‐------------
    Brand
    Bell
    Stoddart
    I wonder how much the Laurie Nash will be a factor. Not that there is a lot in that bunch.

Veterans List
    O'Connor impressed in some early scratchies before Covid took hold. Must be more advanced than when we signed him, looks a good size, this has been a crap year for an Irish player in his first year so definitely be re-signed.

You would think all those that have been regulars late in the season will continue, Kennedy, Melican, Fox, Thurlow, Wicks plus Hewett.

Amartey was strongly talked up by Longmire before his debut, Brand looked solid before injury, Clarke who knows?

Reynolds got a contract?

We'll find out next week I assume a long with a number of other clubs.

Senior Player
    O'Connor impressed in some early scratchies before Covid took hold. Must be more advanced than when we signed him, looks a good size, this has been a crap year for an Irish player in his first year so definitely be re-signed.

You would think all those that have been regulars late in the season will continue, Kennedy, Melican, Fox, Thurlow, Wicks plus Hewett.

Amartey was strongly talked up by Longmire before his debut, Brand looked solid before injury, Clarke who knows?

Reynolds got a contract?

We'll find out next week I assume a long with a number of other clubs.
    Reynolds done this year.

"Young trio extend" https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/...ng-trio-extend

Add him to the top bracket.

Reynolds done this year.

"Young trio extend" https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/...ng-trio-extend

Add him to the top bracket.
    And take Barry Connor And bell off as they have two year deals despite the published lists.