Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Round 1: the other games. Here we are again.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    As someone who didn't go to the game on the weekend, largely because I didn't want to be bombarded by the music of the match day experience, I'm curious to hear from people who went to any of the round one games. Was there blaring music or had the idea been shelved? If still there, was there more or less of it? Had it been toned down at all?
    Agree, the music is a MAJOR cause of us attending far fewer games than previously. We’ve changed our seats in the Brewongle Stand to be more or less under the speakers, rather than right in front of them. We were there for the Preliminary Final, and it was somewhat less excruciating as the music went over us, instead of right in our faces. Anyway, we’ll give it a go. If it’s still painfully loud we’ll be downgrading our membership tier, as in this day and age going to the footy is an expensive business.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I went to the MCG Friday night and there was no music played after goals. There generally isn't music played at either the MCG or Marvel, however, in one of the finals at the MCG last year they played music after goals and there was a huge uproar.
    Yeah, that's one of the main reasons why I asked, as I vaguely remembered the AFL backing down after the uproar late last season. Hopefully they'll have a rethink in the Northern states.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Agree, the music is a MAJOR cause of us attending far fewer games than previously. We’ve changed our seats in the Brewongle Stand to be more or less under the speakers, rather than right in front of them. We were there for the Preliminary Final, and it was somewhat less excruciating as the music went over us, instead of right in our faces. Anyway, we’ll give it a go. If it’s still painfully loud we’ll be downgrading our membership tier, as in this day and age going to the footy is an expensive business.

And I suspect that it's also a major cause of complaints to the relevant authorities.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Not sure I noticed at Metricon. Whether that’s cause I didn’t care or it wasn’t played, honestly, I’ve gone blank. But if it did, it didn’t bother me.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Very special victory by the Giants!! Down 31 points in the third quarter. Heaps of injuries. They were down to two on the bench for pretty much the whole last quarter in sweltering conditions. About 7-8 of them were cramping badly. Haynes had some kind of injury and could barely move around the field. They moved him into the forward 50 so he wouldn't have to move much. He marked about 40-45 out with the Giants holding a slim lead that they looked in grave danger of letting slip as they were completely running out of puff. He repeatedly tried to offload the ball but one time that was called back by the umpires. He wound up having to run in. He decided to take the shot. He put everything into it and kicked truly giving the Giants a healthy buffer of approximately 2 goals but still with over 10 minutes to play. The rest of the game was just desperation. Somehow the Giants held on for a memorable win. Afterwards in interview Toby Greene described it as "the hardest game I've ever played in".

Wow! Got me off my seat - even though I only saw the last quarter. I'm glad they won. Now, with a lot less enthusiasm, I'm going to hope the Bombers beat the Hawks.
    Yes, we went and I don't think I've ever seen a game played in conditions like that. Big turnaround in the second half when
    Coniglio, Ward and Tom Green got on top in the midfield. Coniglio was brilliant and making Toby the sole captain may prove
    a good thing for him (Cogs) as he can concentrate on playing footy. Be interesting to see how the Giants recover though.
    Playing in those conditions cannot be good for anyone.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    The Giants home ground has lights, so I can't understand why they'd not schedule any March games for the evening.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    The Giants home ground has lights, so I can't understand why they'd not schedule any March games for the evening.
    TV rights + money = no sense (as opposed to lots of cents) whatsoever.

Regular in the Side
    Only about 7 thousand fans turned up for the Giants' game on Sunday.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I'm not a GWS fan but I do attend the occasional Giants game (I have to because the Swans have excluded me too - see above bloodspirit), but at 38 degrees there is no way I'd have shown up on Sunday.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567