Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Injury News 2011

Exclamation Swans Injury News 2011

Sources for Injury News - 2011

Last edited by wearebloods; 4th February 2011 at 07:07 AM.

Injury List 02/02/11

First for the year: If it was Week 1 of home/away...I'd be spewing..but it's not

PLAYER INJURY STATUS
    Matt Spangher Quad Strain 2 Weeks
    Nick Smith Knee tendon surgery 3 Weeks
    Shane Mumford Knee Arthroscope 3 Weeks
    Tadhg KennellyKnee MCL and patella dislocation 4-5 Weeks
    Lewis Roberts-ThomsonSciatic nerve release 4-5 weeks
    Daniel Bradshaw Modified programme due to knee 4-5 weeks
    Craig Bolton Achilles Indefinite
    Campbell HeathKnee ACL rupture & repair 12-16 weeks

The Good
    Looking good for Craig Bird, Mark Seaby, Brett Meredith, Lewis Johnston...not being on the list

Shaw had an interrupted pre-season last year, no sign of him :thumbsup:

ROK & Hanners in good nick & training well apparently?

McGlynn fully recovered?

Jesse White in good nick?

The Bad
    Irish is going to have very little impact early in the season (opportunity for Mattner/Everitt?)

LRT still in the wars, hopefully Grundy is eating his Nutri-Grain..perhaps Spangher will make an earlier then expected debut?

The Ugly
    Bradshaw & Bolton...let the shell game continue! Any & every game they play this year will be a bonus *crosses fingers* Bolts gets to his 200 game milestone, otherwise my brother will cry.

Huge bummer about Heath, hopefully he bounces back fast!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    To me,the particularly disappointing ones in that list are Smith, Mumford and LRT. I would be interested to know when their procedures were carried out and how long they have been recovering. IIRC, there were noises about Mummy's and LRT's conditions before the season ended. Why, at the beginning of February, do they still have weeks to go? I don't claim any sports injury expertise but these seem on the face of it to be long recovery times. I'm sure others here will know more.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I thought i read in the paper the other day that we only had 2 players on the injury list , Heath and Kennelly. Its a bit disappointing if these are true.

Of all the players on the list, regretfully, I have a feeling that Craig Bolton will not have much (if any)of an impact this year. I hate to say it but it is starting to remind me of Leo Barry last year (deju vue?) I hope I am wrong, for he has been such a great servant of the club.

Other than Bolton and Heath, I think you may find that these players (other than Kenelly and LRT) are back in training, but on modified programs. They all should be fit to play 1 or 2 pre-season games and be ready for round 1 (fingers crossed).

I am not sure where LRT & Kennelly are at as far as modified programs go, but I believe they will be ready for round 2 or3, if not 1.

Senior Player
    Swans TV has an interview with Horse regarding injury updates. I watched it yesterday, and IIRC, pretty much everyone (bar Heath) is expected to be back by about week three of the NAB Cup/Challenge.

Just because it has the player listed with an injury and a number of weeks, it doesn't mean they are doing nothing. The weeks are irrelevant (except for Campbell Heath), as we are not due to play for sheep stations for another 7 or so weeks.

All the others are training either in full or on a modified program in readiness for the first game.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Just because it has the player listed with an injury and a number of weeks, it doesn't mean they are doing nothing. The weeks are irrelevant (except for Campbell Heath), as we are not due to play for sheep stations for another 7 or so weeks.

All the others are training either in full or on a modified program in readiness for the first game.

DST
    Yep , on the way into the cricket the other night, saw all the boys walking back from a session over at fox studios and you couldnt even tell that LRT (even bolton for that matter) had any injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    saw all the boys walking back from a session over at fox studios .
    Learning how to appeal for free kicks ??????

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Swans TV has an interview with Horse regarding injury updates. I watched it yesterday, and IIRC, pretty much everyone (bar Heath) is expected to be back by about week three of the NAB Cup/Challenge.
    Interesting that they didn't talk about C Bolts at all........I really hope he comes up it would be a shame for him to finish like this.

The future does not look positive for Bolts. Resigned from Co-Captaincy (Interested to know if it was his decision solely), degenerative achilles problem, aging body. Not looking good unfortunately.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast