Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Season 2019

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Our reserves would flog them, like they did the last 10 or so times they played.
    Hahaha Saviour obviously not across any other divisions. 2019 Southern Power Look the goods. Have you seen them play Saviour? Completely different team to the ones your reserves have "Flogged" the past few years.

I think someone is a little delusional as usual. Southern Power doing pretty good. That Nick Salter a pretty decent player and I think could handle his own against a Dragons reserves team, I even reckon he could go ok against a dragons prems team.

Southern Power’s success has been a few years in the making, lead by a strong coaching group that has been consistent in building up a young squad. Including quality interstate players like Salts and Josh Preston has helped accelerate the improvement.

The comment from Saviour01 about St George’s reserves beating Southern Power is absolutely laughable. Dragons Prems haven’t come close to winning a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamw1977 View Post
    Hi All,
    New to this site lots of good stuff on here mostly.
    I went to Weldon on Saturday to watch Manly play St.George.
    St.George looked like a bunch of kids playing a side with a few bigger bodied guys.
    St.George look like they are going through a change.
    I listened to their coach at 3/4 time he didn't yell at them just kept working on the positives.
    Have things changed at the Dragons
    Last year they seemed ok.
    Hi Adam
    St George have lost a wheel with no Mini Bus

Quote Originally Posted by Clubman View Post
    Hi Adam
    I think it must be a reference to their last coach. So it was a big loss for the Dragons.
    The new coach is just new to the Dragons

I think it must be a reference to their last coach. So it was a big loss for the Dragons. The new coach is just new to the Dragons
    That,s true - A BIG loss

Quote Originally Posted by Clubman View Post
    Hi Adam
    Its too deep and subtle for me.....what does it mean in footy language ?

I think it must be a reference to their last coach. So it was a big loss for the Dragons.
    The new coach is just new to the Dragons
    Won the comp with u18s in 2014 and took the reserves to a gf in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    The comment from Saviour01 about St George’s reserves beating Southern Power is absolutely laughable. Dragons Prems haven’t come close to winning a game.
    Reserves team has a few handy players. About a dozen club b+fs between donohue, wilsen, guthrie, napper, lykakis, holmes. Few vfl games there too.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Reserves team has a few handy players. About a dozen club b+fs between donohue, wilsen, guthrie, napper, lykakis, holmes. Few vfl games there too.
    Might be worth heading down the road to check out what's happening at the Power

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Might be worth heading down the road to check out what's happening at the Power
    We’ll happily go about our business building team success in an inclusive team environment. We don’t need people who name-drop ressies players like they are house-hold names coming down to see how we are going as a club.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    We’ll happily go about our business building team success in an inclusive team environment. We don’t need people who name-drop ressies players like they are house-hold names coming down to see how we are going as a club.
    2014.... The last time a power first grade side beat a St George reserves team. 105-22 and 93-26 the last two times the reserves played power first grade.

It's good to hear your doing well now they have created the spud comp for you. Imagine needing to pay players in a "platinum division" competition.