Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 13 Match Day Thread Sydney V Melbourne. SCG 13.10 pm.

I appreciate everybody is different, but I've never really understood why people like to listen to the game while watching it live?

I guess if you are watching the game alone and/or don't know who the players are there may be some point to it, but I prefer to share the game day experience with friends and family then concentrate on what's being said through the earphones.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Jesus. H. Christ.

Obviously, you've missed the bit where I said that if you tune in to MMM digital through the tune-in app, you DON'T get any commentary at all. Please, if you're going to respond to a post, please read and comprehend it first.

I might also mention that at the previous game, when the call was "real live", I was also listening on my iPod... also at the game before, and the game before that. Actually, I've probably listened to ALL the games I've watched live for the last 10 years on my iPod... all over the country. All those games were "real live".
    THIS game was on delay.

Like other things... very annoying.

First world problems really.

A few things, your ipod is screwed, the app needs updating and well its digital, apps tend to f up.

Next time try turning it on and off again or you know, maybe speak to ziggy since you are on first name basis with just about everyone.

�\_(?)_/�

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I appreciate everybody is different, but I've never really understood why people like to listen to the game while watching it live?

I guess if you are watching the game alone and/or don't know who the players are there may be some point to it, but I prefer to share the game day experience with friends and family then concentrate on what's being said through the earphones.
    Especially with the current crop of commentators. I turn the volume down these days as i hate being told what i just watched.

So what's the point in having "live" commentary, if it's not "real live".

At the beginning of the season, it happened once... then went back to "real live" at the beginning of the second quarter. Last week it went on for the whole match.

Very annoying.
    You can't have live commentary when the commentators are brain dead.

There will now be a 6 hour delay on all games commentated by Eddie McGaffer.

Jesus. H. Christ.

Obviously, you've missed the bit where I said that if you tune in to MMM digital through the tune-in app, you DON'T get any commentary at all. Please, if you're going to respond to a post, please read and comprehend it first.

I might also mention that at the previous game, when the call was "real live", I was also listening on my iPod... also at the game before, and the game before that. Actually, I've probably listened to ALL the games I've watched live for the last 10 years on my iPod... all over the country. All those games were "real live".
    THIS game was on delay.

Like other things... very annoying.
    I don't understand Annie, are you saying that digital radio is good or bad?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Goes up to 11
    The MMM call was a good 10 seconds behind actual play (if you were watching from the SCG).
    I mentioned it to Jude Bolton after the game... hopefully he can talk to someone about it.
    How about they just start play 10 seconds later?

Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    First world problems really.

A few things, your ipod is screwed, the app needs updating and well its digital, apps tend to f up.

Next time try turning it on and off again or you know, maybe speak to ziggy since you are on first name basis with just about everyone.
    Doesn't RWO have a no dickheads policy? The iPod is not a digital radio and it gets updated whenever one is available... do your "digital apps" comment means nothing.
    And yes, I am on a first name basis with just about everyone.
    Are you jealous?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I don't understand Annie, are you saying that digital radio is good or bad?
    Digital radio is bad for football commentary... it doesn't happen.

I downloaded the "tune-in" app to my mobile phone (hoping to get live commentary), and on MMM through the tune-in app, there is NO commentary. They just play normal radio/music.

Generally, I love digital radio... you don't have to retune it once you've tuned it the first time!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Suspended by the MRP
    Who died and made you queen?

Doesn't RWO have a no dickheads policy? The iPod is not a digital radio and it gets updated whenever one is available... do your "digital apps" comment means nothing.

What does this even mean? The ipod is not a digtal radio? No @@@@ sherlock! I seriously think you are confused about technology.

I bet the players roll their eyes when you come over and whisper something under their breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I believe the delay is due to legal reasons just in case someone says a 'no no' it gives them enough time to bleep it out.
    Having worked in radio I can tell you it was always a 7 second delay. I'm told today it is more like 10 seconds. That's probably because they are so observant they spend half the day looking for it. All programs that go on a permanent delay are for the obvious reasons, idiot factor, callers who are likely to use language (usually footy callers), fools who forget to turn the mike off. That was 2 seconds more than was needed to hit the bleeper button, even if you had forgotten where it is, and the comment or sound not going to air. In radio it is called the idiot pin or plug (pulling the plug on them, as in electric plug), although it is a button on the panel (sound desk).

Suspended by the MRP
    8 seconds to be exact.

Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post

I bet the players roll their eyes when you come over and whisper something under their breath.
    Thats a horrible thing to say.

Dont make it personal.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Thats a horrible thing to say.

Dont make it personal.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    The customers at the Riser went home happy today. Great effort from the whole team, with the examples set clearly by the captains. The progress of the youngsters is very encouraging, and I thought Heeney, Towers, Mills, Rose, Hewett, Nankervis, Jones and Aliir all made important contributions. I was also pleased to see Gary Rohan filling in ("resting"?) at fullback - good experience for him although I prefer to see him forward.

At the ground it looked more like rohan was the loose man in defence playing as that last man standing role we love so much. His run was outstanding. I'd warrent the reason he was back there was that it was a terrible day for forwards and most of the goals were going to come from play. Using him & Heens together in the forward-line on a wet day is just waste. Against Suns Heens went back on the weekend it was Gazza's turn. He was important in the last with his run and delivery out of the back-line.

A few things. Indeed we have improved in the rain. In fact I'd say we are more Duck than Swan but still living up to the name. Gliding past Dees with infinite grace and then motoring away in the last like a Swan taking off in a lake. If we make the GF and it is in the wet watch out I think we will nail it. If we were a horse we would have a 'Mud Runner' after the name. A few of our players, new ones that is, might account for this resurgence in the wet. Toby comes from Tasmania, has anybody ever known it to be dry or warm down there near the south pole? Deano comes from around Colac/Ottway and then went to Uni in Ballarat and ended up playing for north Ballarat, all wet & cold places. Rose played for Sturt and the Double Blues were infamous for watering down Unley oval the morning of a game. They used to say in Glenelg they breed Possums, in Unley the breed ducks. Aliir played his first footy in the Queensland floods, he's probably still got webbed feet. Hewie comes from the Iron Triangle, there isn't much in the way of rain up there but they'd play footy under water if they had to. Jonsie is from the dandenongs. Not only does it rain a lot there it snows and at Mt Eliza I reckon they'd have the snow plough out before every match. As for Mills and Heens well they come from NSW and if you hadn't bothered to look everything north of Wollongong has more annual rainfall than Melbourne.

Congratulations Reg. The players did you proud. Come to think of it you did you proud. Great game as usual. Hope you got a trip to a fine dining experience after the game. A good log fire and some Hennessy 'Richard Hennessey' Cognac to top it off (look it up folks)

Deano played like he did in the finals series last year. We have been waiting to see him start to play like that. In fact I'd say he was even better. I hope he can string together a lot of that sort of game on the road home.

Benny played far better. He needed to as Paps came back this week in the Twos. Also Dawson is putting some fine games together in the Twos after returning from injury and he plays both tall & small and can kick 80 metres. BJ is also breathing down his neck.

Our back-line stood up very well. There were many doubters but I was confident. We have the talent they just need to back themselves and their game.

Hope we rest up as these wet games are very hard on the body and the break is just what the doctor ordered. A lot of our blokes will be pretty sore this week so an extra week getting the sore spots fixed will do me.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast