Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The RWO 2016 AFL Finals/Grand Final Planning forum has been activated! Check the link

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Oh here we go again. The nervous wait for the GF tickets preference category letter, (I hope they get mine right this year) the logging on to register your intent in week 1 of the finals, the nervous wait to get through week 1 of the finals, If we dont then its even more nerves to get through Week 2. The sickening thought at bombing out in a Prelim when finishing the regular season on top. The actual Prelim final day seems to take an age to arrive. Made worse if there is an injury cloud or a threat of suspension hanging over any of your players. If we get through the Prelim the joy is tempered by the knowledge that it is all for nothing with one game still to go. The nervous wait and anticipation for GF ticket allocation (I got M35, N48 for me, O16 for me and the missus, where's the cheer squad sitting, blah blah blah...) the emptying of the bank accounts as airfares, accommodation and tickets are either paid for from savings or paid via already stretched credit cards. The devouring of every piece of news relating to the big game. GF parade, is only an occasion to build further tension. The gut churning nerves of Grand Final day (I don't know about others here but I get so nervous, I can't eat or drink before and during the game, coffee is the exception)...my nerves are shot just thinking about it. Not sure I can do this again, Maybe I should be a Richmond supporter, much less stress!!!
    I'm dreading it too , why have we contracted this devotion condition that the AFL love us all for at finals time.
    If you take the the whole family (say 4) , the cost is significant , see bank acc for 2014.
    My missus takes only mild interest until we get to the big one , then she wants to be there.
    I think I'll send her and the kids for a cheap holiday to the Gold Coast and go to Melbourne alone .
    That'll work .

The bye week before the finals has meant that I won't be at the GF if we qualify. Holding it on a long weekend in the middle of the school holidays does mean you have to put off holiday plans if you want to go to the game. I'd imagine air fares to Melbourne and accommodation there will be more expensive too. Hopefully they won't try this again next year. All four of the AFL360 panel (including the coaches) on Monday night thought it would go back to the way it was as early as next year.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    I have received an email from the Swans that I have been banned from attending if we make the GF.

My record is poor and previous offences.

1996 - Attendance LOSE ????
    2005 - No attendance WIN
    2006 - Attendance LOSE????
    2012 - No attendance WIN
    2014 - I dont talk about it????

2016 - 1996 LOSE, 2006 LOSE, 2016 ????

GOT TO LOVE TV.. Go the SWANS.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I am more than likely not going to make it to the big dance if we make it this year - partner's sister is getting married in the UK in 2017 and saving for that is a priority

Will be doing our two Sydney home finals (assuming we win this weekend) however can't do a Thursday night week 1 final (I think that'll end up being Adelaide's game if they finish 1/2 anyway). so will more than likely have a PC membership available for the ballot
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    I have received an email from the Swans that I have been banned from attending if we make the GF.

My record is poor and previous offences.

1996 - Attendance LOSE ??
    2005 - No attendance WIN
    2006 - Attendance LOSE??
    2012 - No attendance WIN
    2014 - I dont talk about it??

2016 - 1996 LOSE, 2006 LOSE, 2016 ????

GOT TO LOVE TV.. Go the SWANS.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Then I do hope you have other plans for the 2016 October long weekend. ??

My Swans GF related good luck charm appears to be the acquisition of a new car and driving said new car to GF.

2005 - new car purchased mid-season and driven to Melbourne for GF = WIN
    2006 - old car driven to Melbourne for GF = loss
    2012 - new car purchased mid-season and driven to Melbourne for GF = WIN
    2014 - old car driven to Melbourne for GF = loss

Guess what we brought in June???????
    And if we make the big one, I'm definitely driving it down.

Having been a member for the past 11 years, this season is the first I do not have guaranteed GF ticket access because my wife and I had twin boys in May so I didn't buy a full season membership this year. Going to be absolutely spewing if we do make it! 2014 still burns and I need redemption!

Quote Originally Posted by bungwahl View Post
    Having been a member for the past 11 years, this season is the first I do not have guaranteed GF ticket access because my wife and I had twin boys in May so I didn't buy a full season membership this year. Going to be absolutely spewing if we do make it! 2014 still burns and I need redemption!
    Similar story here. First bought PC membership in 2006 after having to buy a 2005 ticket at extortionate price from a dodgy guy in a pub (a 20-something carer at my kids' day centre if the truth be known). Paid up every year (2006-2015) but this year baulked because a house renovation budget had blown out (to be honest I also fell for the naysayers on here that had us sliding).

This year I only have Vic Gold membership which is 1st priority in the ballot but no guarantee of a ticket with such huge membership growth. The aforementioned nervous wait will apply.

If I miss out in the ballot (should we make it, of course), I might have to offer free accommodation to someone from out of town with a spare to make sure I'm there on October 1.

What is the link to the site showing teams in the 4 quadrants - and their performance over the season?

It has been referenced here on occasions and I always found it a fairly persuasive analysis.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    It's the FOX Footy/Champion Data premiership quadrant. David King loves to bring it up every chance he gets on FOX. Basically it says that every premier since 2000 has averaged >100 points for and <86 points against (The anomaly being the 2005 Swans )

This is the latest version I could find, from Round 16. The latest version I saw last week on TV had only Adelaide and GWS in the premiership standard quarter.

Champion Data AFL on Twitter: "Round 16 #186 hot plot @Adelaide_FC in it for the first time https://t.co/fMOe6xurk1"

Thank you - I seem to remember another site that had a "worm" showing how the teams had moved during the season.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Thank you - I seem to remember another site that had a "worm" showing how the teams had moved during the season.
    You are thinking of The Squiggle

Squiggle 2016

ok I think our average 98.0 points goes close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast