Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: All games will be at the SCG this year!

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Agree with that. Also don't care too much for Pridham's public response. Sure, Pert's whinging was over the top, but Pridham's comments were similar to those one might expect from a Pert or McGuire, which is pretty damning. Engaging in that kind of media slanging match doesn't really match the kind of organisation I think the club holds itself out to be. I'd prefer a bit more dignity.
    Once again, Chins was publicly congratulating the Swans for the outcome but was annoyed at the AFL. Pert was a different matter and showed that he was a goose, which prompted Pridham's response. Having said that, SEN really set them both up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Enough with the nanny state.
    Careful using the ns word
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

In a rare moment of empathy for Collingwood supporters I would say that if I had booked a rare overnight trip to Melbourne to see my team, booked a hotel close to the MCG, then found out a few weeks before that I had to go out to say Windy Hill or somesuch I would be mighty pissed off. Having to stay at desolate Olympic Park for NO REASON AT ALL would be pretty disheartening. That said they're gonna have a much better night of entertainment visiting inner Sydney. Watch out lockout laws!

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Careful using the ns word
    Still smarting? I think you missed the point about that, but I'm not going to explain it again.

Veterans List
    Fantastic news, absolutely delighted. Pissed off Pies fans just icing on the cake (though they actually have a pretty legitimate whinge it has to be said).

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Still smarting?
    How would you know?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I just noticed that after Pert's hissy fit, the AFL have agreed to provide shuttle buses from Homebush to Central for Pies fans.

I must admit Im somewhat bemused by all of of this. I mean, why bother providing a shuttle bus it will be stuck in Easter Show traffic, is no guarantee to arrive on time for the game, when there is already a dedicated express train from ANZ to Central during the Easter show.

So for Pies fans who have already booked flights and accommodation at ANZ [but dont yet have a ticket as they havent gone on sale yet!!] the move to the SCG will take them an extra 20 minutes or so to get to Central via the express train and save them a bucket load (or should I say Fasolo-plastic-cup-load) in cheaper accommodation at Homebush compared to in the city. Instead they will now be stuck in a bus in a traffic jam on the M4, all because they chose to whinge rather than realise they arent actually worse off at all.

These Pies dont seem to be the sharpest tools in the shed. Just tools.
    Last edited by iigrover; 3rd March 2016 at 12:22 PM. Reason: gramma

Quote Originally Posted by iigrover View Post
    I just noticed that after Pert's hissy fit, the AFL have agreed to provide shuttle buses from Homebush to Central for Pies fans.

I must admit Im somewhat bemused by all of of this. I mean, why bother providing a shuttle bus it will be stuck in Easter Show traffic, is no guarantee to arrive on time for the game, when there is already a dedicated express train from ANZ to Central during the Easter show.
    I totally agree. And from Central they can either take one of the express shuttle buses to the SCG or walk, just as do thousands of Swans' fans.

I can understand mild annoyance along the lines of 'I would have booked in the city if I'd known' but the over-the-top outrage has been a beat-up.

Just wait till half of them can't get tickets because the majority are already allocated to Swans fans
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Just wait till half of them can't get tickets because the majority are already allocated to Swans fans
    H'mmm yes, then there will be real outrage!

That is something I worry a bit about each year for our matches in Adelaide. I book flights early to get cheaper fares, then hope I can get a ticket when they come on sale. Has been ok so far but matches at the Adelaide Oval are now very popular and membership in both the Crows and Port continues to grow.

I can beleive the AFL is putting on buses. Surely that is BS.?

SCG hasn't been anywhere near capacity some the redevelopment so no one is going to miss out on tickets.

The whole thing is a beatup. But i do wonder what the AFL, swans and SCG paid ANZ to break the contract

Hey Barry, personally speaking, if the AFL, Swans & SCG did pay to break the contract it was well worth it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast