Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 15 V Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    You're right, the stats don't matter....

They don't show the countless missed tackles.

The constant coughing up of the ball due to bad decision making and panicking.

If he was masquerading as an 'in and under tagger', it was unrecognisable.

He's got to go.
    Someone posted before he was something like 2nd best swans player for pressure acts, and 4th highest tackler.

Since Mitchel left, who else is doing the hard in and under stuff ?

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Someone posted before he was something like 2nd best swans player for pressure acts, and 4th highest tackler.

Since Mitchel left, who else is doing the hard in and under stuff ?
    He is No.1 at putting pressure on his own teammates.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

The ins will be Jones & McVeigh. No doubt at all.

Outs will probably be Florent and Marsh, unless Rohan is to spend more time forward and they leave out Towers or Hawyard (rest). I tend to think that Towers is in at least until Cunningham returns.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

confused

Towers in the Ruck....Not sure whether to laugh or cry.
    Not such a bad idea!! With his arms and legs going everywhere and his unusual style, it will probably confuse the opposition ruckman. LOL

Towers V Gawn........pass thanks

I like Melican to stay in that way Reid can Stay forward and not have to swing back as much.

Melbourne had their best tall defender Macdonald kick 5 including the winner cos WC had no tall fwds putting pressure on.

If we stay tall they will have to keep MacDonald in defence

Melbourne coming off a 6 day break after travelling west. Should be a soda!

He is No.1 at putting pressure on his own teammates.
    Koala, there is nothing to be gained by death-riding our bottom-4,fringe players and blaming them for outcomes. They arent world beaters, and nobody should expect them to be. They get given specific roles and judged on those roles.

McVeigh would be an "interesting" selection, especially with Jones coming back in. In my opinion adding two smalls into the defense would be too disruptive.

Newman only gets a call up if Hayward is getting tired. Otherwise I think Newman will have to wait until we have a less critical game (eg against lions).

What is all this about Newman getting a call up and Marsh getting dropped, barry and Doctor? Which game were you watching? Can I presume you respectively mean Dawson and Melican?

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Towers V Gawn........pass thanks
    No one is suggesting that Towers would spend considerable time against Gawn. Instead, Naismith would go against Gawn and Towers against the second ruck of Melbourne. As stats have proven, dominant hit outs don't equate to dominant clearances.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    What is all this about Newman getting a call up and Marsh getting dropped, barry and Doctor? Which game were you watching? Can I presume you respectively mean Dawson and Melican?
    Newman's game was even more impressive if he didn't play

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Koala, there is nothing to be gained by death-riding our bottom-4,fringe players and blaming them for outcomes. They arent world beaters, and nobody should expect them to be. They get given specific roles and judged on those roles.

McVeigh would be an "interesting" selection, especially with Jones coming back in. In my opinion adding two smalls into the defense would be too disruptive.

Newman only gets a call up if Hayward is getting tired. Otherwise I think Newman will have to wait until we have a less critical game (eg against lions).
    your summary of Towers reminded me of this clip

Wayne's World 2 (10/10) Movie CLIP - A Real Actor (1993) HD - YouTube

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast