Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ted Richards

It will be sad to have the Swans running around with Teddy - he has been such a wonderful player for us over an extended period, and a true gentleman off the field as well - I've had the pleasure to talk to him on a few occasions, and he is a fantastic guy, and a true champion.

I hope he can fight his way back into the team for one last hurrah before the end of 2016 - it would be wonderful for him to go out with a fairytale premiership, but even if he doesn't, we have been privileged to see a wonderful career unfold at our club for Teddy. Bravo
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Unlike others I'll most remember him for his 2006 Grand Final performance. At the time he was just a newbie and I remember being very impressed with his efforts and thought he was pure guts. I recall him running down two eagles players with holding the ball and getting concussed and continuing to play despite this. He was always a favourite of mine after that, despite my dear old swans supporting dad giving him the nickname 's#it Ted' in that 2007-2010 period.

Very sad to hear the news and I'll miss his humour in the media dearly. The way he takes stabs at his teammates is priceless.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Unlike others I'll most remember him for his 2006 Grand Final performance. At the time he was just a newbie and I remember being very impressed with his efforts and thought he was pure guts. I recall him running down two eagles players with holding the ball and getting concussed and continuing to play despite this. He was always a favourite of mine after that, despite my dear old swans supporting dad giving him the nickname 's#it Ted' in that 2007-2010 period.

Very sad to hear the news and I'll miss his humour in the media dearly. The way he takes stabs at his teammates is priceless.
    I think many will be with you in holding that as one of our fondest memories of Ted. For me, that was the game he realised what he was capable of, and truly became a Blood.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    (*Insert forward's name)... have you met Ted?

I'm so going to miss saying that.

What a fabulous, all-round nice guy our Teddy is. I bet Essenscum are still kicking themselves for letting him go.
    One of the funniest guys on the team. Always happy to receive a hug and have a chat.
    Hope to see him still hanging around next year.
    Stockbroker. Indeed. Defensive coach would have been a better career choice (but probably not as much moolah).
    Love the "How I Met Your Mother" reference, Annie!

Sad to see Teddy go - he's been fantastic and thoroughly deserves to be in the very elite club of Swans Premiership players.

When I told my daughter that her favourite player Teddy was retiring she was a bit sad. Then she said, "Oh well, I'll have to choose a new fav ... it will be the Red Rooster!" Love how quickly thirteen year olds move on.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus26 View Post
    When I told my daughter that her favourite player Teddy was retiring she was a bit sad. Then she said, "Oh well, I'll have to choose a new fav ... it will be the Red Rooster!" Love how quickly thirteen year olds move on.
    Good choice by your daughter. She's been well mentored

Saw Teddy outside the brewongle level 4 lifts.
    Big hugs all-around.
    He's such a tops bloke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Love the "How I Met Your Mother" reference, Annie!

Sad to see Teddy go - he's been fantastic and thoroughly deserves to be in the very elite club of Swans Premiership players.
    (Shhhhhh. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.)
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

He's a top guy and he loves the Swans. We can transfer our love to X. Well done Teddy. You are a life member and you will receive a fine send off from a grateful club.

Just wild about Harry
    A bit unfortunate he got a week's holiday for next match, though.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    A bit unfortunate he got a week's holiday for next match, though.
    Witnessing the incident live at the ground, I immediately thought he was a good chance of getting suspended for it.

They were both heading for the ball which bounced in an unexpected direction. Sensing the impending collison, Ted tucked his shoulder in and went for what would be regarded as a fair bump but connected with the Lion (Aston) in the head. Aston stayed down for about a minute or two, was able to walk off to the bench and after spending quite some time on the bench was able to come back on. But his impact was limited having only 1 disposal for the match.

Didnt want to go to Darwin.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

TED Richards said he had to cop a one-match ban in the NEAFL last weekend or effectively risk three games on the sidelines and blow any chance of a return to senior football this season.

Richards took the early guilty plea for head-high contact to have the ban reduced from two weeks to one.

�If I was to challenge it and lose, unfortunately the (Swans reserves) NEAFL has a bye the following week, so I was risking a three-week suspension,� Richards said.
    But the NEAFL team don't have a bye the next week, we play Sydney Uni at Henson Park, and the following week is the first week of the NEAFL finals.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast