Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Round 10: the other games. Festival of the Boot (part 2).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Nor am I. Itโ€™s more the 360โ€™ double twist pike he pulled afterward thatโ€™s the issue.

Same as paps, he definitely had some hands in his back. Not enough to shove him 2 meters forward through the air though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, both free kicks were definitely there. Perhaps Papley's thinking was along the lines of 'My word, Eleni sure has missed a lot of frees for us today. Better make sure she sees this one.'
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cal copped a fair whack, it was definitely a free kick.

Clubs need to apply the same rigour to poor behaviour on social media as they do to poor behaviour at a ground. The treatment of Tayla Harris should have already lead to relevant policies being in place at AFL HQ that were pushed out to all clubs.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

[QUOTE=stellation;799225]Cal copped a fair whack, it was definitely a free kick.

Both Papley and Ward were free kicks for me.

Papley also copped a $500 fine but nothing for Ward. Assume the thought process was that Papley had already had a warning about this behaviour from Clarkson, Ward had not been cautioned before his performance.

Veterans List
    [QUOTE=Ocker;799233]
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post

Papley also copped a $500 fine but nothing for Ward. Assume the thought process was that Papley had already had a warning about this behaviour from Clarkson, Ward had not been cautioned before his performance.
    .....and as far as we know, Tom received no death threats and that was probably only because we lost. So, the AFL didn't want to add to poor Cal's misery after the supposed death threats? Weak IMO....

Senior Player
    Watching WCE/Car reminds me I had the privilege of seeing Polly Farmer play live a few times.

Nick Natanui is the best ruckman I have ever seen.

The only near equal is the great Farmer.

Nichols, Madden, Schultz, even crazy Sam Newman...plenty terrific players, including some of the last 5 or 10 years, but my opinion.

Veterans List
    Nik Nat's tap work is sublime.....I agree, he is definitely up there with Polly in that regard.๐Ÿ‘

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Yep, both free kicks were definitely there. Perhaps Papley's thinking was along the lines of 'My word, Eleni sure has missed a lot of frees for us today. Better make sure she sees this one.'
    I was thinking the exact same thing. We weren't receiving many frees so when he felt the push he exaggerated the impact.

[QUOTE=Ocker;799233]
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post

But the thing is there was no staging in the incident in the Hawthorn game. Clarkson was wrong and it's frustrating that his comments have led to Papley being fined.

[QUOTE=stevoswan;799234]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocker View Post

.....and as far as we know, Tom received no death threats and that was probably only because we lost. So, the AFL didn't want to add to poor Cal's misery after the supposed death threats? Weak IMO....
    Supposed? . Really?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Nik Nat's tap work is sublime.....I agree, he is definitely up there with Polly in that regard.๐Ÿ‘
    When fit he is just completely dominant. He is fun to watch.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678