Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for 23 v the Cats

Changes for 23 v the Cats

Out: Parker/McGlynn
    In: Bolton.

Morton to start. We missed Bolton's hardness in the centre clearances and him as a forward target against Hawthorn

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    I just posted this in the game thread, but if LRT is injured, then I'm crossing my fingers and toes for Spangher to get a chance. I mean, we really need to roll the dice now and give someone like him a go before the finals, if only just in case.

And while I am a parker fan, he was probably the lesser of the hard mids, so IMO he'd be the one to go if Jude is right.

I cannot believe people are calling for Parker and mcglynn to be dropped. Just because they didn't have a great game they are the types of player you need in finals. Only change Bolton in if fit Morton out

Quote Originally Posted by swans32 View Post
    I cannot believe people are calling for Parker and mcglynn to be dropped. Just because they didn't have a great game they are the types of player you need in finals. Only change Bolton in if fit Morton out
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by swans32 View Post
    I just don't think Parker is experienced enough yet, and he showed that tonight. I would keep Parker if I had a choice but we need a strong forward like Morton in the team.

IMHO Parker needs to be there. Firstly, because he will be an important component of the team going forward and the exposure will be invaluable. Secondly, I think that his game is really suited to finals and with a few big games under his belt that will show.

Quote Originally Posted by swansprincess View Post
    I just posted this in the game thread, but if LRT is injured, then I'm crossing my fingers and toes for Spangher to get a chance. I mean, we really need to roll the dice now and give someone like him a go before the finals, if only just in case.

And while I am a parker fan, he was probably the lesser of the hard mids, so IMO he'd be the one to go if Jude is right.
    LRT wasn't injured. He was just being iced as probably happens after every game. He was subbed for being ineffective.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I just don't think Parker is experienced enough yet, and he showed that tonight. I would keep Parker if I had a choice but we need a strong forward like Morton in the team.
    Don't see why you rate Morton so highly.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratna View Post
    IMHO Parker needs to be there. Firstly, because he will be an important component of the team going forward and the exposure will be invaluable. Secondly, I think that his game is really suited to finals and with a few big games under his belt that will show.

OUT: That Umpire No 1 (donlan or something) - must have been wearing a Hawks Jersey under his shirt I think!
    IN: Someone that can umpire impartially and get the big calls right.

In terms of the Sydney team, Bolton in for Morton imo. Not having anything against Morton, but we have to fit Jude in and unless LRT is injured, I think he must be the man to make way. Bolton can spend time on the half forward line, and most importantly will give us an extra midfield rotation, which we desperately could have used tonight.

Parker is too good a player to be dropped. He is not in the form of earlier in the year, but I think he'll be one to lift come finals time. Our game style needs him in there. As for Mcglynn, is he the new boo boy now that LRT seems to have done enough to get people off his case for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Don't see why you rate Morton so highly.
    I just think he deserves a full game, its pretty hard to judge him or rate him for a quarters performance. He's a known goal scorer and has an X-factor. I'd just like to see him have a full game to see what he's capable of.

Regular in the Side
    After the game Longmire said the dr. had Bolton ok for todays game. A big chance to play next week. LRT all right, no injuries.

Regular in the Side
    OUT: Morton
    IN: Bolton

Parker and McGlynn are both important players for us. The last thing we need to do next week is fiddle with the team structure too much. It's our last chance!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast