Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JPK - Mr Finals

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    In regards to Joey, it seems to me that he's added a bit more footwork and elusiveness to his game this year. Does anyone else think that?
    I agree......and also speedier. At one stage on our forward flank, I think it was Hartigan with the ball and in from the left came an absolutely flying Swan, and I thought 'here comes Buddy again', but it turned out to be Joey! He was motoring!

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    I think the pre-GF day public holiday may look a bit embarrassing were it to be an all-Sydney GF.
    Or it may cost the AFL a fortune: what with hiring all those unemployed actors and extras. Then dressing them in Giants gear, giving them a crash course in who the players are, letting them know where they're based and supplying a few convincing reasons as to why they chose to be Giants fans.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    I think the pre-GF day public holiday may look a bit embarrassing were it to be an all-Sydney GF.
    The grand final parade will be the only time one teams fans dominate the crowd. It will be nothing but red and white. I rekon orange will only be in force from all the security and workers from all the construction in the city with hi-viz work gear on.

Thats if its an all Sydney GF.

How can offering up grand final tickets to the public ever be a bad thing?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Never can be! Unless they're scalped (and even then, people still pay)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

I wasn't saying it was a bad thing Barry . I was offering an opinion on something that may happen which hasn't happened for a long time

But seeing as you asked the question. If they offered a ticket sale to the general public in a different scenario ( ie with different teams in the grand final eg Hawks vs Collingwood) and I was a member of one of those clubs and missed out on a ticket due to the public sale then I would think that was a bad thing.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroyII View Post
    Hopefully Jones plays and sorts him out. When Jones is in the side the boys chests stick out a lot more, the guy is hard as nails.

Provided we make it.

I see Laidler as the Swan who always seems ready for to step in for his team mates and get in the oppositions face. Probably taking his, and Towers, allotted angry pills. :-p
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

JPK is easily one of our top 3 players. Very reliable.

The only slight you can make against his game is that he doesn't seem to kick as many goals as he used too. That's partly because he plays much more inside than he used to, but when he does get the chance he is quite inaccurate.

Still one of our best, though and I think that the coaches don't expect any goals from him, so anything he does provide (like last night) is icing on the cake.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by robamiee View Post
    JPK is a legend and seeing him chase down cameron last night was awesome...

it beggars the question who do we have coming through as that big bodied inside mid once JPK hangs up the boots or is that a while away...how old is he?
    JPK turned 29 in late June, and is one of our oldest players, younger than only Ted, Benny, Macca, Grundy, Franklin (1.5 yrs), Tippett (1 yr), Kieran Jack (1 yr) and Tom Dx.

We currently have an amazing team, but we do need to trade/plan for the next 5-10 years as we have a heap of players over or very close to 30, with Laidler and Smith aged 28, and Sinlcair (though he hasn't played a lot of football) turning 28 in 5 days.

He's out of contract next year hopefully something similar to the Jack deal can be worked out.

Still has four years left (32).

McVeigh will probably retire next year is Kennedy the next captain he's been in a leadership group awhile now or is there someone else Nick Smith or Hanners?

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Are we forgetting one LRT? The way he stepped up every September was remarkable. Obviously not the natural footballer Kennedy is though.
    very true, still wearing my LRTee
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    He's out of contract next year hopefully something similar to the Jack deal can be worked out.

Still has four years left (32).

McVeigh will probably retire next year is Kennedy the next captain he's been in a leadership group awhile now or is there someone else Nick Smith or Hanners?
    Parker surely

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast