Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barry Hall contract extension

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

Barry Hall contract extension

Well, every other week we have a post saying he's gawn.

So where is the one this week demanding a contract extension.

I reckon sign him for eight years
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

He played very well last night. I think that must be the best game he's played since at least 2006.

As long as he keeps his temper under control, I think he has something vaulable to offer the club for another year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    He played very well last night. I think that must be the best game he's played since at least 2006.

As long as he keeps his temper under control, I think he has something vaulable to offer the club for another year or two.
    His display of temper and near out-of-control again in the early part of game could easily have wrecked his team chances of winning by a slender margin and rub himself out for another 6 marches. His anger against his team player for not pasing the ball to him did not help to build team condidence during the game.

He should be very grateful and thank his team mates for calming him down.
    It is when he is calm and focus on the job with secondary effort, he began to contribute. His past regular arms held-wide protest to the umpires, ignoring secondary effort, has been kept to the minimum. Thats good. His going up the ground to give support is great too. Smark forwards would do that often.

Multi-dimension attacks is much preferred as most of us have said more often due to its unpredictability. Of course, Hall should be given every opportunity to dominate over his one-on-one opponents or front & behind him conjestion tactic. It is pointless to persue these tactics for 4 quarters if they are not rewarded with higher goal percentage.

There are more than one goal kickers at the forward.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    He kept his temper under pretty severe provocation. He made the Eagles defenders nervous and they didn't know what to do with him. He ran everywhere and tackled anyone he got near. He kicked five goals and set up a couple more. He should play for us next year injuries permitting.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I was going to start an "Official I wrote Barry Hall off and now i'm sorry thread" - but i guess this will do

Never, ever knock a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    He kept his temper under pretty severe provocation. He made the Eagles defenders nervous and they didn't know what to do with him. He ran everywhere and tackled anyone he got near. He kicked five goals and set up a couple more. He should play for us next year injuries permitting.
    Let's see him do it again next week. Don't get excited.

When the boss comes out and says your job is as safe as houses, well guess what ....
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    5 Marks
    6 Kicks
    5 Goals
    8 Tackles
    An awesome display of controlled agression.

Is he worth hundreds of thousands for one good game every 2 or 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunger View Post
    Is he worth hundreds of thousands for one good game every 2 or 3 years?
    Some really selective memories, with regard to Hall.

His two finals last year, Geelong, Port and Melbourne in Sydney last year, Hawthorn and West Coast this year. That's just off the top of my head.

He's frustrating at time and not the player he once was but the criticism this bloke gets is ridiculous.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Let's see him do it again next week. Don't get excited ...
    You didn't get excited? We were cheering in the lounge room!
    And incidentally I saw a list of players, how far they ran during the game and the top speed they reached. The equal second fastest was Goodes at 30 kph. Fastest was Baz at 33 kph - I imagine when he was chasing Glass!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    You didn't get excited? We were cheering in the lounge room!
    And incidentally I saw a list of players, how far they ran during the game and the top speed they reached. The equal second fastest was Goodes at 30 kph. Fastest was Baz at 33 kph - I imagine when he was chasing Glass!
    Like I said elsewhere, I've lost my voice - I left it under my seat at ANZ.

Bazza had a blinder this week like Bevo had a crapper last week.

See how much extra you can put into the game when your not being a big fat sooky la la to the umpires?

All cynical me is saying is let's see if he can back it up.

Once again, I seem to be the only person at this club who gives a @@@@ about percentage. These days, it's what separates a final appearance from a non-final appearance.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Don't count it out Annie....

Afterall, Goodes has managed to finally string together two good games for the first time since 2007. Here's hoping BBBBH can do the same.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast