Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Sydney Swans v Geelong Cats

Nice bit of salt there ugg, thank you.

And no I was right, about Jetts long sleeves, just that he started in them, and changed to short later in the game. Might have had a bit of a bleed, he got clunked on the head in 2nd quarter.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Could this be the monicker?

KGB - Kurt, Goodes, Buddy.

Better than 'Cashed-up Coogee-ites'.

(Not my invention I must say - seen on Twitter.)
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Just got back from Sydney with my 15yo son. We picked this game to go to late last year and what a game it was. Never forget it. After flying Tiger Air(never again) with delayed flights(both ways 5 hours) we were treated to the absolute flogging the Swannies dished out. Great game/Great time. Thanks Sydney. Still on a high. Roll on the Swans coming to Perth in July.
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Coaches' votes

Sydney vs Geelong

8 Kennedy (Syd)
    8 Malceski (Syd)
    6 Tippett (Syd)
    4 Jack (Syd)
    3 Franklin (Syd)
    1 Bird (Syd)

Breakdown

5 Tippett, Kennedy/Malceski
    4 Malceski/Kennedy, Malceski/Kennedy
    3 Kennedy/Malceski, Franklin
    2 Jack, Jack
    1 Bird, Tippett

OR

5 Kennedy, Malceski
    4 Tippett, Jack
    3 Malceski, Kennedy
    2 Franklin, Tippett
    1 Bird, Franklin
    Last edited by ugg; 3rd June 2014 at 05:43 PM.

A bit stiff for Bird? I thought he was definitely BOG in Q1, not quite as dominant after that, but in our best three or four.

Very stiff for Bird. He did the hard work when it needed to be done, while the game was there to be won. I rated Shaw in my top 6 too.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Thanks Ugg. I'll never forget that night!

second best night for me

I have to say that the GF against the Hawks was just outrageous !!!!!

I was out in a little old pub in the middle of no where watching this game with mates ...........funny night !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I thought McGlynn was fantastic. He tagged Selwood, he had 11 tackles, and it seemed that every time there was a centre break, there was Benny speeding away with the ball. Surprised he didn't get a mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I thought McGlynn was fantastic. He tagged Selwood, he had 11 tackles, and it seemed that every time there was a centre break, there was Benny speeding away with the ball. Surprised he didn't get a mention.
    I was very indifferent about the prospect of B Mcglynn moving to midfield when it was touted over the Summer - I just didn't see it as a natural progression for him. But how very wrong I was - he has been superb this year, and he is really driving our team in relation to those extra efforts and 1% style play too. You can see the desire burns deep in him after what happened in 2012.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Absolutely agree. I actually had Ben close to BOG.
    ...and I also have to put my hand up and say that I didn't think Benny had it in him to dominate the midfield like that, particularly his disposal. Its apparent that he has been working hard on his disposal skills. If Parker, Bird and McGlynn continue to stand up and (fingers crossed) our injury list remains low that we wont have the same problem as we did last year with midfield burnout.

...and to think we also have Mitchell, Robinson, Perris, Hewitt developing and Mills, Heeney and Dunkley to follow.....as BT would say...wowwwweeeeee!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I recall saying earlier that Ben could be our answer to Paul Chapman; a pleasure to see it happening.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I am very excited about the emergence of Cunningham and Lloyd, but Benny has been the surprise packet of the season. He's transformed our midfield.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast