Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 match finals series

3 match finals series

Anyone going to make it to all sydney finals this year ?.

GWS v Dogs looks like a running footy festival.

huh?

Unless the Swans win on Friday, I'm not planning to give the AFL more of my money.

Yeah if the swans lose this friday thats it season ends, not even going to watch the GF nor give a @@@@ about anything AFL related.

Plus if uts a GWS vs Cats or Dogs vs Cats GF it will be the most annoying cliche riddled week to have grace the GF. Just having to put up with Luke "SoBrave" beveridge for another week is grating. Hope he falls off his skateboard this week.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

I plan to make it to all four Sydney finals this year (if we get further than this week), and I imagine plenty of others will too.

Not sure of the relevance of GWS.

Saving my trip to Melbourne for the big one the week after.
    OMG I'm so nervous.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Sadly have family arrangements that have been in place for months now that will mean I can't be at the 'G on Friday night, but will be there for the big dance the following week should we get up over Geelong.

As for the plastics..... I couldn't care less if its a 'running footy' festival or whatever one wants to describe it, no way I'd drive 3 hours up the highway to watch that mob play, unless they are playing the Swans.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Sure. We're going. Should be a ferocious game of footy. Part of me wants to see an all Sydney GF, but I think I'd rather we played the Dogs than GWS. I think the Dogs may be spent by the time they may make it to the GF if they do. No one can keep up playing the way they've been playing for four weeks in a row. Unfortunately I can't talk anyone in the family into flying down to Melbourne on Friday arvo for the Geelong game as we already have plane tix and hotels for the GF weekend and two consecutive trips to Melbourne for footy is too much for them.
    Soft.

Last edited by KTigers; 19th September 2016 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Sure. We're going. Should be a ferocious game of footy. Part of me wants to see an all Sydney GF,
    Same. Just went to book tickets and all cat 5 and cat 4 are sold out. Which means tickets are $122 a pop for cat 3. I realised I dont like the Giants that much.

i wonder if its a ticketek stuff up, or will higher cat tickets come up later in the week ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kilroyII View Post
    Yeah if the swans lose this friday thats it season ends, not even going to watch the GF nor give a @@@@ about anything AFL related.

Plus if uts a GWS vs Cats or Dogs vs Cats GF it will be the most annoying cliche riddled week to have grace the GF. Just having to put up with Luke "SoBrave" beveridge for another week is grating. Hope he falls off his skateboard this week.
    Every GF is cliche ridden. Remember the live cross to someones lounge room in Ireland in 2005.

Senior Player
    The NRMA bloke was out the front and I wasn't concentrating and ended up with Cat 1 tix. Jesus, who makes these prices up? I think I've just paid a big chunk of Tom Scullys wage.

[QUOTE=barry;709974]Same. Just went to book tickets and all cat 5 and cat 4 are sold out. Which means tickets are $122 a pop for cat 3. I realised I dont like the Giants that much.

i wonder if its a ticketek stuff up, or will higher cat tickets come up later in the week ?

- - - Updated - - -

I hope you didnt buy an extra ticket by mistake. When you choose number of adults, its number of extras not including the membership.

John Ralph says 18,000 tickets sold. I reckon every 4th or 5th seat might be empty! (brought in error)

Same. Just went to book tickets and all cat 5 and cat 4 are sold out. Which means tickets are $122 a pop for cat 3. I realised I dont like the Giants that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Every GF is cliche ridden. Remember the live cross to someones lounge room in Ireland in 2005.
    I didnt consider that cliche and contrived.

Contrived is the majority of your posts and the constant narratives that the AFL give the media who then run with it all year, this year its all about the brave bulldogs. It gets those fans who normally wont spend, to spend and gives them hope while the rest of us vomit in our mouths.

I mean who didnt bawl their eyes out when that amazing top bloke, Robert Murphy, did his knee in round 3 or that night (i am still suffering from PTSD) they copped all those injuries. Poor Beveridge cried and so did I.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I think the Dogs may be spent by the time they may make it to the GF if they do. No one can keep up playing the way they've been playing for four weeks in a row.
    Soft.
    But they are differant from any other side from previous years, they are the brave bulldogs and they can do it. Ch 7 told me so in the lead up to our match where they spent 30 mins on the brave bulldogs.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast