Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Brisbane v Sydney

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I text a few of my regulars at QT about how Derrickx was making it hard for me to defend him this week, he was just God awful.

Then as a few have mentioned, from the time Myke went down he grew a leg. Maybe it dawned on him there and then that he was in the team regardless for the next month and freed him up mentally?
    His start to the game was ordinary to say the least. Not sure if he changed jumpers after half time though, as he was actually sort of, ok
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    His start to the game was ordinary to say the least. Not sure if he changed jumpers after half time though, as he was actually sort of, ok
    The definition of damned with faint praise. We'll played Indi

I used to call for the axing of Macca (when he used to have hair) so I have tamed my use of "sackem" calls. What do I know!
    Last edited by Primmy; 5th May 2014 at 11:18 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Certainly dont want Derrickx getting a big head!

Rampe is fast becoming a favourite. No second year blues for him, always seems to have composure and clean hands.

Folly that Laidler will make way - quite a handy utility even if he's not required in defence. Another interesting week at the selection table, particularly with Pyke out.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    I know 17 teams that would have Jetta in a heart beat

He did a good job Saturday night including some great off the ball "team work"

The man is just evolving?..Go Jetts !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I text a few of my regulars at QT about how Derrickx was making it hard for me to defend him this week, he was just God awful.

Then as a few have mentioned, from the time Myke went down he grew a leg. Maybe it dawned on him there and then that he was in the team regardless for the next month and freed him up mentally?
    I think the key was playing against a very young team, which at times, resembled nothing more than witches hats.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    The good news last night is our better players are starting to warm into the season.

Lloyd is showing the sublime skills and decision making that the ressie watchers have enjoyed.

As long as we learn to how use the tall timber when they return we'll be in very good shape.

Only negative is our skill under pressure is no where near the level of the Hawks. If we improve that I'm confident we'll be there at the pointy end.

I guess with the month coming up we'll know exactly where we are.
    Competitive effort against the Hawks and wins against Essendon and the Cats are a must I think.
    Jake Lloyd deserves a Rising Star nomination. It would represent the supreme irony, noting that this was the Star Wars "May the 4th be with you" promotion weekend.

Witness:
    Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
    Full Cast & Crew
    Directed by
    George Lucas

Writing Credits
    George Lucas
    ... (written by)
    Cast (in credits order) verified as complete

Liam Neeson ... Qui-Gon Jinn

Ewan McGregor ... Obi-Wan Kenobi

Natalie Portman ... Queen Amidala / Padm?

Jake Lloyd ... Anakin Skywalker

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Jake Lloyd deserves a Rising Star nomination. It would represent the supreme irony, noting that this was the Star Wars "May the 4th be with you" promotion weekend.

Witness:
    Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
    Full Cast & Crew
    Directed by
    George Lucas

Writing Credits
    George Lucas
    ... (written by)
    Cast (in credits order) verified as complete

Liam Neeson ... Qui-Gon Jinn

Ewan McGregor ... Obi-Wan Kenobi

Natalie Portman ... Queen Amidala / Padm?

Jake Lloyd ... Anakin Skywalker
    Even more ironic, if in years to come, he goes to Collingwood.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Even more ironic, if in years to come, he goes to Collingwood.
    Sorry but all these Star Wars references are completely list on me. Could someone please explain what Jake Lloyd and Collingwood had to do with the movie franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Sorry but all these Star Wars references are completely list on me. Could someone please explain what Jake Lloyd and Collingwood had to do with the movie franchise?
    +1. Phew, thanks Jewels, I thought I must be the only RWOer to have no idea about all these Star Wars references.

I'm not completely au fait with the Star Wars saga either, but I do know that Jake Lloyd is the name of the actor that played Anakin Skywalker. Anakin later becomes Darth Vader who falls and moves to 'The Dark Side of the Force', hence I presume Scott's reference to ending up at Collingwood....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    According to Eddie, Star Wars is the second most recognizable brand on earth- just pipped by Collingwood.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    +1. Phew, thanks Jewels, I thought I must be the only RWOer to have no idea about all these Star Wars references.
    Also because of yesterday's date: May the fourth be with you.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast