Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5 - GWS

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I would also love to see Rampe make a remarkable recovery.
    Didn't Hodge play with some kind of arm guard? C'mon Ramps, we need you

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Mark LeCras broke his arm twice. The first time in 2013 he only missed a week. He broke his arm again the following year and missed 4 weeks. He still plays with small arm guard to this day. Maybe Rampe's fracture is more difficult to mend as it was closer to the elbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    No way should we rush back Rampes, crucial as he is to our defence. Leave the man alone. That arm needs to heal without being knocked about.

Goes up to 11
    I'd be happy to see all 4 returning senior players named this week - we'll likely lose anyway, but a game under their belt will be ideal for making a real run of it over the next couple of months. Lots of very winnable games after this weekend.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I'd be happy to see all 4 returning senior players named this week - we'll likely lose anyway, but a game under their belt will be ideal for making a real run of it over the next couple of months. Lots of very winnable games after this weekend.
    agree

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    No one has suggested that HC goes back to the 2's. I say bring in the 4 established players and HC, Fox, Florent and another exit stage left.
    Didn't read the Weagles Match Day thread? Most RWOer's posted positively about his game, especially topping the tackle count.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Yep, agree with this, we're usually pretty cautious with injuries so the club statement is pretty strong in them being ready.

So, for mine I'd keep Sinclair so as to allow Tippo to go up front. The four outs for mine would be Foote, Fox, Florent and Harry. Know Harry wasn't too bad against the Weagles but can't think of anyone else really.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post

TOG for Papley was 55%, Florent 64% and KJ 66%...
    Hi Scottee,

Where do you find the TOG stats for the players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 19th April 2017 at 02:24 PM. Reason: fixed tags

Dont know a lot about Adam Curley but he sounds convincing
    "Tippett, McVeigh, Heeney and Rohan all trained solidly on Tuesday and barring any mishaps at Thursday�s short session, will be available for selection. Rohan is likely to play reserves for at least one week, maybe two, while the other three should be picked for the Sydney derby. Naismith will miss a month after a teammate fell across his left knee at training last week, and he�s in a brace, the same type worn by Rampe to aid his recovery from his arm injury. Robinson has done some low intensity ball work, along with Johnson, who is training without strapping on his troublesome knee, and looks like he�s jumping out of his skin at training." � Adam Curley

If those three come in i would drop Foote, Fox and Florent

A 'teammate' falls across Naismith's knee, Rampe trips over a fence ....... gawd we've got a club full of klutzs!

A couple of weeks ago we swapped a back for a forward (Laidler for Dawson). Paps then came in for Dawson and so we are still a back down from our team selected to start the season. With the Giants having Cameron, Patten, and Lobb all potentially forward, I think we must bring in either Melican or Laidler.

Pushing for Selection

No more excuses

These four combined for 51 touches in the grand final and one goal. Heeney got 21 of those. Ten each for the other 3 is Hardly the numbers to inspire that much confidence.

No excuses this week as Giants have never won at scg and have a longer injury list of arguably better players.

Swans need Parker and hannerberry to find the footy and buddy to turn it on. For all the giants strengths they still lack the ability to match him up.

Tippet can add value by giving lance space. He tore them apart when lance was on sick leave at spotless but I am doubtful. I think Sam Reid was massive In early rounds and prefer him.
    Heeney is a champ. But coming into the Afl after glandular fever and no match practice. Must be a risk.
    McVeigh = k.jack. Former Champ who is struggling.
    Rohan. Grand finals performances will never be forgiven.

Youth policy for the future to avoid hawks malaise preffered to risking heeney and playing the others half fit.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast