Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 21. MDT. St Kilda V Sydney. ES , 7:25pm

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    Schmitt and Nicholls and ?

When I saw who the umps were I thought we're in for a hard night. I'm no expert on the rules but I though they did ok. The 50 m frees we got were from lack of discipline by saints players. The 50 to McVeigh was so blatant - Roberton had a brain fade.
    Have to admit we got a couple of favourable free kicks, I was surprised, On the Rare occasions we get these, its when the game is done and dusted.
    St Kilda still received two more free kicks than we did. 50M to Buddy was a bit soft. but other two were blatant. I thought it was definitely Nankervis's best game and I am impressed by the way he threw his body about. Was not a fan of him before, but now I am not so sure.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    We got some very favourable decisions. I'm sure all Swans fans will remember that when a few don't go our way
    Nicely put

So this was a danger game I thought. Spirited first half from the Saints anyway. Feels like we have flicked the ruthless switch at the right time of year, which is very good to see. Loved the Allir cheers coming through loud and clear on TV, even mentioned in the commentary.

Senior Player
    Maybe it's time we started pushing for a roof on the SCG, or maybe even re-relocating back to Melbourne with Etihad as our home ground. We own that place.

ANZ will have a roof in a few years.....

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    And been converted to a permanent rectangular stadium .......

2nd quarter goal about 7 minutes in - ball right on boundary with 3 defenders adjacent.

Richards competing really well; Hewitt wrestles ball out to Papley; snap goal.

Loving just part of the future

Senior Player
    Etihad is pretty much in South Melbourne. It's no wonder we play so well there.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Not convinced that will go ahead Barry. There is a warranty job happening on the current roof sheeting which will last 12 months or more. My guess is that after that they'll say they've just updated the roof and dont need to add the full structure.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Was McVeigh wearing the black arm band for Luella?

I think he was.

No - I think there was a death in the older McVeigh family. Clementine McVeigh had a tribute on her social media account.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Have to admit we got a couple of favourable free kicks, I was surprised, On the Rare occasions we get these, its when the game is done and dusted.
    St Kilda still received two more free kicks than we did. 50M to Buddy was a bit soft. but other two were blatant. I thought it was definitely Nankervis's best game and I am impressed by the way he threw his body about. Was not a fan of him before, but now I am not so sure.
    Same here, was not a Nankervis fan but boy did he impress me!

When Tippett returns he should stay, add something different and is a beast around the ground.

Most importantly, he has a bit or mongrel, which is one thing I think we lack.
    doof-doof

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast