Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tom Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Midfield turnovers put enormous pressure on our makeshift backline. Would a bad kick by Reg cause as much grief of he was out on the wing?
    Our midfields poor skills are just as much to blame for our poor start to the year as our defence. At times this year we have have momentum but poor kicks into the forward half meant we have not put on the scoreboard pressure we should have. An extra three-five goals a game would make a big difference.
    Then again it is easy to point the finger at the backline.
    What you tell kids who play back is the ball had to get past the rest of your team before it got to you, it is a team game.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    It is a team game and we have defenders who cannot hit team mates when the field is in front of them - we have midfielders who make mistakes when under pressure from all directions - i give the mid midfielders more slack because of the pressure - as for defenders who miss targets under no pressure like Grundy you have to say to the young kids he might make the AA team if he could kick to his team mates - not likely

Is anyone else getting a great feeling of SchadenfroHawthorn watching them getting humiliated by Geelong AND seeing Hodge getting roughed up in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Is anyone else getting a great feeling of SchadenfroHawthorn watching them getting humiliated by Geelong AND seeing Hodge getting roughed up in the process?
    Yep, and I was also thinking, that Tom Mitchell looks quite an arrogant little ponce, now that he's wearing a Hawthorn jumper. Of course, I might be biased.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yep, and I was also thinking, that Tom Mitchell looks quite an arrogant little ponce, now that he's wearing a Hawthorn jumper. Of course, I might be biased.
    I agree with you DJ44.

He gained a few possessions but his field kicking was about the same or even worse when he was here with us. It was also great to see Hodge taken down a couple of pegs. He has been a sniper for many years.

Veterans List
    I was at the game so I had my eye on him. He had an opponent right on him most of the time so his disposal was rushed. He is finding it tough but it doesn't help when the players around you are playing terrible. I couldn't believe what I was seeing the number of errors the hawks were making. Definitely a different side!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    He is their no 1 on-baller so he is copping the extra attention from the opposition, plus his NQR disposal by foot is going to be emphasised on the larger MCG

Veterans List
    Amazing that Gibson 'had no case to answer', after his victim went off and played no further part in the game! On Mitchell, he is under a bit of pressure at Hawthown yes, but we still miss him big time at the moment. The remaining mid's have not stepped up enough in his absence. We're getting smashed in clearances this year......

For anyone getting too smug about the Hawks' position just remember they won 4 flags in 8 years, I think we would all be quite happy to change shoes.

They are, however, IMO in a world of pain with their list and I think they are in a 5 year rebuild phase. Not a bad time to be starting one as we could be about to see GWS make a mockery of the comp for that period.

If you look at their list it is awfully unbalanced and I can see why as they chased flags but it presents a huge issue. Hodge, Gibson, Burgoyne, Puopolo and Roughy will all be 30 or more this year and way beyond their best. And Smith. Birchall, Cyril, Frawley and MceEvoy are 28-30 and also on the decline.

And their youngsters who looked good around a team of stars now look average, think Gunston and Sicily who look rubbish at the moment. Flat track bullies.

Making it better is, unbelieveably, their first pick is a third rounder this year on top of not drafting any decent youngsters this year. That leaves a monumental hole in their pipeline of new players coming through

Plus the mature players they have recruited are dodgy at best. O'Meara is unproven and injury prone. Vickery is just plain average and Mitchell is a good but not elite AFL player.

I know we didn't really give Mitchell a chance to stay and I know it's bad to wish this but I would laugh if the Hawks fans started to turn on him.

It will be really interesting to see how Clarko can survive this and if he has the stomach for a rebuild. Personally I'd back him to the hilt but we do live in interesting times.

Reminds me of the Saints list right before Ross-the-Boss jumped ship to become Freo's saviour

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Reminds me of the Saints list right before Ross-the-Boss jumped ship to become Freo's saviour
    I can see them really really bottoming out as they will lose a third of their best 2015 18 in two years, with another batch in serious decline and a realisation their bottom six maybe cannot make the step up. Gunston is the one that stands out for me with two goals in four games.

Personally I think they have gone down the wrong track. They would have been better off keeping Mitchell and Lewis for this and next year and rather develop their four first and second round picks to come on stream in 2018. Missing out on picks 1 and 19 (they are seriously looking bottom 3) at this years draft will just be so hard to stomach. The fact the traded out their B&F Quinella for a bag of crisps is just really hard to understand when you see the way those two are going at their new clubs.

Veterans List
    Not much brown and gold in the crowd. The have or will jump ship very quickly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Not much brown and gold in the crowd. The have or will jump ship very quickly.
    I noticed that too.
    There was a shot from behind the Hawks CS, very sparse in there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast