Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5 - GWS

Post Changes for Round 5 - GWS

In: Tippett, Naismith, Rohan, Heeney, Melican
    Out: Foote, Fox, Sinclair, Cunningham, Florent

Leave McVeigh for one more week IMO. Melican to provide some tall support for Grundy who is having a poor start and Aliir who is making waaay to many mistakes for mine. Florent hasn't done too much wrong for mine but could do with a few games in the twos with a return slated back half of the season. Buddy to be given a free reign marauding through the half forward line

Time to unleash Mills into the midfield, likewise Jack as a forward isn't working for mine.

Team for Round 5 which for mine is must win for us to make the 8

Smith Grundy Melican
    Lloyd Aliir Jones
    Rohan Parker Hanneberry
    Franklin Tippett Hewett
    Papley Reid Hayward

Naismith JPK Heeney

I/C Mills Newman Jack Marsh

No excuses on that team. Rampe and McVeigh to come in at later dates....

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post

Leave McVeigh for one more week IMO. Melican to provide some tall support for Grundy who is having a poor start and Aliir who is making waaay to many mistakes for mine. Florent hasn't done too much wrong for mine but could do with a few games in the twos with a return slated back half of the season. Buddy to be given a free reign marauding through the half forward line

Time to unleash Mills into the midfield, likewise Jack as a forward isn't working for mine.

Smith Grundy Melican
    Lloyd Aliir Jones
    Rohan Parker Hanneberry
    Franklin Tippett Hewett
    Papley Reid Hayward

Naismith JPK Heeney

Agreed.

Veterans List
    Wish we'd had a NEAFL game this weekend to give guys a run. Assume those likely for this week had a solid hit out at the weekend.

Rohan & Tippett were close last weekend so look certain ins. Another debutant, and against flag favourites GWS? Not so sure on that one. Heeney will be taken slowly, maybe half a NEAFL game this week and see how he pulls up?

It will be hard to drop Cunningham this week. He had his best game for quite a while and was one of our best players on the night, including our leading tackler.

I'm a bit worried about KJ. I don't know if he's still hampered by his hip injury or what the problem is, but his mobility is way off, which has been one of his strong points. I don't know if it's something where he can play his way back into form or he needs some more recovery time.

Coming into the senior side first up doesn't seem to be working well. I know Jamie Elliot has been out for over a year, but he was so far out of touch today and he played a VFL game last week. Papley could have used a game or 2 in the reserves. I'm not sure if any of our players returning from injury should come straight into the senior side. It might be doing them a disservice.

IN : Tippett , Naismith

OUT : Sinclair, Fox

Can't see them bringing Rohan straight back in given Papley is having only his 2nd run.

Agree with Ludwig re; Cunningham, he played pretty well and doubt he'll be dropped.

Foote will be given another run with role. He applied himself pretty well and deserves another go.

I also think Melican was stiff not to get a run in the seniors after his pre season form...His time will come after some good NEAFL form.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Just wild about Harry
    We may not see Heeney for a few more weeks yet. Glandular Fever really knocks about your stamina and recovery, even though you may look fine.

I'd be tempted to drop Jack until he's able to find form and fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post

Smith Grundy Melican
    Lloyd Aliir Jones
    Rohan Parker Hanneberry
    Franklin Tippett Hewett
    Papley Reid Hayward

Naismith JPK Heeney

Macca won't be due to return for another match at least. Rohan has had absolutely no match practice at all, reserves not seniors. Naismith from all reports is still injured. Kizza should go out not Fox. Fox has been really good, Kizza has not. Heens will only start competitive work this week. Melican should come in. Ramps has five more weeks to go. in fact if we had a full list available then by rights Smithy should be dropped. If we had a full list Hannas would be rested to repair his body which is obviously buggered. He really should have had that knee cleaned during the off season. Now would be a good time and he'd be back in about 4-5 games.

Regular in the Side
    Will not be able to play Fox and Melican if Rohan comes off the LTIL as expected. One will go back to the rookie list.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Will not be able to play Fox and Melican if Rohan comes off the LTIL as expected. One will go back to the rookie list.
    Melican was upgraded for Jonno. Fox can still retain his place if ramps, 5 weeks to go, is put on the long term list.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Melican was upgraded for Jonno. Fox can still retain his place if ramps, 5 weeks to go, is put on the long term list.
    I thought players had to go on the LTIL for a minimum of 8 weeks?

Regular in the Side
    If we put Rampe on LTIL he will be unavailable for another 8 weeks. See the following AFL Rule

An injured Player transferred to a Club�s Long Term Injury List is ineligible to play in the AFL Competition or a State Body competition for a minimum period of 8 weeks, commencing from the day on which the General Counsel gives his approval for the injured Player to transfer to the Club�s Long Term Injury List.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast