Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 10: Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    How come the last two years rain has been a problem for ressies, and the previous oh I don't know, 15 plus? it hasn't.

I AM SO BLOODY PISSED OFF.
    Coz the last 15 years before 2010 we were in drought......

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    As long as the celebrity kicking competition goes ahead
    Not meaning to offend but being a regular Redkite contributer myself I feel the work they do is far more important than a ressies game.

Blog Entries
    Looks like we need to pitch in and get a RWO chopper.
    Unless the pink one is still around

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Looks like we need to pitch in and get a RWO chopper.
    Unless the pink one is still around
    Is half of it with Geoffrey?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks ugg. I hope Walsh keeps making progress.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I think the real losers from this decision are the regular ressies watchers who sit in the Red Zone
    In terms of the weather, the BOM says possible rain today and tomorrow and showers developing Sunday. A bit early in jumping the gun?
    I'm very irritated at having the ressies moved, getting to see the reserves is the one thing football in Sydney has over melbourne.
    I suspect it's the bloody SCG trust being prissy about their "sacred turf" again.
    On the other hand I won't be nearly as annoyed about missing the ressies as I would have been, had I had to waste 2 hours wandering around the fox precinct again.
    Thanks very much for the warning.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Frustrating for the ressies watchers that the game has been moved.... Morton and Spangher must surely be very close to making the emergency list now. Thanks ugg

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I'm very irritated at having the ressies moved, getting to see the reserves is the one thing football in Sydney has over melbourne.
    I suspect it's the bloody SCG trust being prissy about their "sacred turf" again.
    On the other hand I won't be nearly as annoyed about missing the ressies as I would have been, had I had to waste 2 hours wandering around the fox precinct again.
    Thanks very much for the warning.
    I am pretty pissed off about the decision. We had some moderately heavy rain here in Sydney on Tuesday morning but it cleared up in the afternoon and we've had barely a sprinkling since then. The drainage at the SCG is excellent, and even if steadily rained between now and Sunday (and still no sign of any rain), the ground would pull up pretty well. It is a long way from the conditions we had this time last year where it relentlessly poured down for weeks on end.

Watching the reserves play before the senior game is all part of the day for me, and I look forward to the early match just as much as the senior game. Trekking out to Blacktown in the morning and then battling through the traffic to get back to the SCG on time just isn't on, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    ...Not so happy with the Swans management on this one though - we're playing in Blacktown??? Seriously?? What's wrong with Lakeside Oval? Blacktown is not exactly convenient...... Unless you are a GWS supporter that is...
    Nothing to do with Swans management and everything to do with stupid Sydney's stupid councils and stupid parks trust. Couldn't possibly play on a wet surface and risk making it unsuitable to play on, some time in the future, when it might not be raining...
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

North Sydney Oval would be a better option.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Not meaning to offend but being a regular Redkite contributer myself I feel the work they do is far more important than a ressies game.
    Redkite do a wonderful job as do a thousand other volunteer organisations.

I guess the sight of a bunch of self indulgent C grade celbs running around in ill fitting garments Vs a game of AFL at ostensibly the second highest level in the state, is in the eye of the beholder

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    Redkite do a wonderful job as do a thousand other volunteer organisations.

I guess the sight of a bunch of self indulgent C grade celbs running around in ill fitting garments Vs a game of AFL at ostensibly the second highest level in the state, is in the eye of the beholder
    True but sometimes its not all about football. That aside if the powers that be think a full game of reserves footy will leave the ground in poor condition for the firsts then shifting it is probably for the best. I suppose they could always play it after the firsts, it would be interesting to see how many stayed to watch.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast