Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barry Hall on Open Mike tonight

A huge part of how I went from WTF is this joke of a sport to becoming a member.

A joy to watch.
    -

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I suggested getting rid of Barry much earlier than we did when he had actually currency (but then I would probably have shipped Jude out too). These days I would neither seek out or conscienstiously avoid reading or listing to anything he has to say. Very much a big yawn - I think its time for Barry to move on as he's flogging a dead horse thats already bolted.

Thinking about how I now view Barry and how he behaved on field in his last few years with us, makes me really appreciate the role Sam Reid plays. He is obviously growing into his role, body, etc but he never seems to drop his head when things dont go his way, he keeps presenting and putting in the effort without resorting to flying nun impressions with arms flapping everywhere.
    Ah, I remember Sally 'Football' Fields...

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    So don't watch it.

Me, I'll sit back and watch the show as I do every week, it's a bloody good series and even though I suspect there will be nothing new for anybody that has read the book, I'll probably enjoy it as I always do.

I'm no huge Hall fan nowadays, but doing an Open Mike show is hardly a reason to get stuck into him...
    It's more about continuously raising these issues publicly.
    For me, it lessens my appreciation of him as a premiership captain.

I get that he was/is pissed about being booted out, and have cut him a lot of slack with his various comments about the Swans and Bulldog for life etc.
    But if it goes on and on, then I'll just get pissed off with him, and I don't want that.
    Let history be, and be remembered as a Swans hero.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

So, he goes on TV tonight and makes some big statements, and gets some headlines tomorrow. And, you know what happens after that ?????
    Wednesday he's off to Wellington to be a presenter on Thursday's historic match against the Saints (on the same channel Seven of course).
    So....big statements tonight make him a 'must-see' on Thursday (where he'll no doubt be asked to recycle it all again !), and then he's back to Melbourne and will sell some more copies of his book.

It's called "media", "cross promotion" and "the news cycle"... been like this for years and, guess what, as long as his big head is on tellie making big statements, he is news and is feeding "the hungry beast".

Watch it if it's interesting but remember that we're all being treated like suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Let history be, and be remembered as a Swans hero.
    The problem with that CtS is Bazza doesn't want it to be that way. Remember, he's a doggie for life now.

My old man and I still piss ourselves everytime we think of Bazza getting someone in a headlock or punching on.... To be honest though im kind of sick of his agenda against Roosy and now hes gonna talk about his altercation with Horse. Bazza, you got sacked because you were undisciplined, something our club prides itself on, you cost us finals with that spout against the hawks and quite frankly you chose your own destiny. Having said that I absolutely loved watching big bad bazza and miss him at the swannies!
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Ended up watching it, and it was pretty boring. He probably needs another 10 years or more to self assess some the issues. He was contradictory and uncomfortable still .
    HP

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    The problem with that CtS is Bazza doesn't want it to be that way. Remember, he's a doggie for life now.
    Yeah that's kind of sad - for us fans.
    All he is doing in the long run is tainting the memory of him and therefore to some degree the memory of the GF win.
    I doubt the Swans are too worried about what he is saying - he's not really getting to them at all.

It's easy to come out and @@@@ on the swans when you know that they won't bother replying or presenting a different POV
    So he's kind of golden there I guess.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Maybe he is kind of trying to get one of those Kevin Bartlett reputations with the Swans. I'll never step foot in the door, I don't forgive and forget, it wasn't my fault, and all that @@@@. I have spent too much time not knowing whether to hug him or hit him. Over it baz, its about time you move on.

And good points made Cure.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I wouldnt suggest you hit him.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

I watched it.

Did you notice the box of Kleenex sitting next to Mike Sheehan. He passed a few to Baz everytime he sooked up about Paul Roos not calling him back.

I was doing my hair and missed it.

Did he belt Mike and then blame the cameramen for it??
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast